2009 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Don't by Toyota

2009 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Don't by Toyota
By Mike Steele on

2009 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 20,000 km a Whirring sound came from the front right of the Highlander. 2 dealerships say it is unfixable and I quote : to give the vehicles strong gears the downside is at 80 km Toyotas will make a very annoying sound but YOU"LL just have to live with it because there is nothing we can do" end of quote. Unbelievable! The sound will drive you nuts and they cannot fix it,, they said it is in MOST all their vehicles and if they replace the problem which they agree there is, it will just come back because that is the design of th e gear box! Customers, I kid you not, $50,000 for a vehicle like this and even Toyota Canada gives me the Slough off !

Really is a good vehicle except if you want to drive 80 km/hr which is like 95% of our roads,,

Fix the problem, take ownership Toyota. No one in Toyota management would drive this car like this, this is not a vent, this is factual, They have a problem and they will not do anything to solve it. My suggestion Toyota, stand up to your faults, fix your problems, fix mine!