2009 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Great Vehicle for the Money

2009 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Great Vehicle for the Money
By mmrpharmd on

2009 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a car buying addict, literally. I have owned a lot of different vehicles in the last 6 years including a CTS, BMW 330i, Jeep Grand Cherokee, RX 330, GS 300, infiniti G35 and now the highlander. I have to say the build quality is not a BMW but it ranks up there with the Lexus and better than Infiniti. I was definitely in the market for an SUV this go around and was seriously looking and comparing and researching so that I might keep this one longer than 2 years! I drove the Volvo XC60, MDX, RX 350, and Audi Q5. I loved the Highlander though and the price was the best. I have a loaded AWD with Nav for 36000. I could not see buying a comparably equipped RX for 11000 more! Good buy!

The exterior and interior look, the center removable/changeable console, the large glove box and the third row which folds to give a huge cargo area. Also the auto rear opening door.

Better nav system is needed...Lexus/Toyota just does not have it right. The map desperately needs updating. My neighborhood has been here 5 years and is not on the system. Real wood and wood steering wheel should be optional. Auto rain sensing wipers would be nice but not a lot of vehicles have it.