Great Vehicle (so far!)
By Mike on
2009 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased the Limited model four weeks ago, so far great. Drove several like vehicles, Honda Pilot, Edge and I traded an Acadia, I just couldn't live with the transmission any longer!!! The Toyota is averaging 20.9 mpg in a mix of driving, most runs are less than 10 miles, so I'm happy with that number, will find out what 300 mile interstate trip delivers in a few weeks. Vehicle is very quiet at highway speeds and has a very good audio system but wish Toyota had separated the audio/GPS and Bluetooth functions. It just takes some playing with the controls to figure them out but it could have been simpler. And the 5 speed transmission in this one shifts beautifully.
Favorite Features
Several things I really like, the smart key is one of those things you don't think you really need until you have it, comes in really handy...The opening rear glass is nice, something that GMC could have put in along with a decent transmission.. Engine is very smooth and has plenty of power.
Suggested Improvements
SUV included the trailer towing option but Toyota doesn't include the hitch, go figure so had to pay $300 to have one installed, dealer wanted $650!! Also for $43,000 the passenger seat should have the same power movement capabilities as the drivers seat. Otherwise so far I'm very pleased..