2008 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
We love our 2008 Highlander Sport
By bigbuck on 08/23/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased our 2008 Highlander Sport model. It has everything our family needs. I love everything about this car. The roomy interior, the versatility of the stow-n-go center seat/console, the flip down third row when we need it and the large cargo area in the back when we don't. It has the rear back-up cam which is very cool, the built-in antenna in the windshield and the pop-up rear window. We test drove the 2007 and this 2008 is so much bigger, inside and out. I really like the masculine look of the car and the comfortable, quiet ride, which is Toyota's trademark. We'll be keeping this one for a long time.

Great Mid-Sized SUV
By Loving on 08/21/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, what an outstanding SUV. We were looking at getting the RAV4 and decided to test drive the Highlander. We purchased one shortly afterward. Very nice turning radius. The engine has significant power for only being a V-6. The interior of the Limited is very nice. Very comfortable, lacking in leg support for the long trips though. For an SUV the fuel economy is outstanding at around 21-23 MPG average. We have put over 1500 mi on it in 3 wks and every trip is a blast. Definitely recommend the Sandy Beige color.

You Can't Go Wrong
By brian on 08/16/07 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first new car purchase ever and my wife and I couldn't be happier. We thought we would have buyers remorse after shelling out ~$40k for a Toyota, but it was well worth it. The car drives wonderfully, has a great exterior, incredible handling and features, and I feel like I purchased a Lexus. All of the features and upgrades are worth it. And I love the push button start and JBL stereo.

Love my Toyota
By hannahsmom on 08/08/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2005 Volvo XC90 for the 08 Highlander and this was the best decision I have made in a long time. The Highlander has many "extras" and is much roomier than the Volvo. I can actually stretch my legs in the 2nd row!

2008 Toyota Highlander
By Chan Man on 08/06/07 23:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good and functional interior design. Quiet and comfortable ride for its class, almost as good as an RX 350 but 10K cheaper, bigger and with the same mileage rating! There are not many options for base model and Limited is pricey. Sports offers the best compromise in price and features.

Very Happy
By Eric on 08/06/07 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up my 2008 HL Ltd. on August 2nd, the Canada wide launch date. I ordered it in black with black interior in May when local dealership placed their first orders without knowing final price. Seriously considered 2007 MDX and Lexus RX 350. Decided to wait for HL and very pleased. Just returned from vacation trip to Lake of the Woods Ontario and it handled beautifully over hills and highway. Looks much better in person than in pictures. Ride quality, performance and JBL premium stereo are top notch along with fit and finish. Great room legroom and headroom. Upgraded from 2000 GM Montana van, will never consider GM product (Acadia, Enclave) after major problems with Montana.

Awesome SUV
By pch316 on 08/06/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased the 08 Highlander Limited awd. We love this vehicle it drives really smooth, comfortable and quiet. There are so many features in the Limited model. We really wanted the nav. but there wasn't one available so we just took the one on the showroom which was the Blizzard Pearl without the nav. and DVD. I love the 19" wheels, they look really nice. I'm planning to accessorize this suv with wind deflectors on the hood and running boards. Good luck to all.

Driving Experience
By aquiah2000 on 08/01/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a car of the 21th century. It is fun to drive. It accelerates well with quiet interior. The interior was nicely designed with more space and features. The dashboard is perfect. The exterior is beautiful to look at compare to the previous model.

Just purchased
By Chuck on 07/29/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased 08 HLtd with all the toys. Drove the only one they had on the lot and bought one being delivered in two days. Drove Mazda CX-9, Murano SL, Dodge Nitro R/T (my wife's choices as this is her vehicle). She picked Salso Red with Nav, DVD and everything but remote start. She loves the HL over the Murano and the Mazda's front head rest would not adjust and hurt her neck. The outside front and back looked great to her, the side view is very bland. The inside set-up and handling sold her. She's going from a Chevy Avalanche to the cross-over Toyoto. I hope she loves it for the next 4 years.

2008 first impression
By oldjoe on 07/26/07 12:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a change from my 05. Lots more leg room, gas mileage seems about the same, and POWER - the new v6 is awesome. Very smooth and quiet ride compared to old model. Steering is very light but a little slower - not the same feel as the 05. It is a bigger, taller auto but not as large as it looks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.