2008 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Great CUV
By ClevelandKid on 09/12/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had driven a 2001 Highlander for the past 7 yrs and couldn't wait for the new Highlander. I haven't been disappointed. What a super vehicle. Got all the bells and whistles except for remote start.

Love my Highlander
By ellyn25 on 09/12/07 07:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had mine about a month. I traded in my Camry when purchasing the Highlander. I was trying to decide between it and the Mazda CX-9. The Highlander won out because of the great reliabiitiy of Toyotas I've owned vs the unreliable Mazda I also had in the past. I love my 08 Highlander Sport!

Second to none
By LoveToyotas on 09/10/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought a base model Highlander and absolutely love it. The color is charcoal gray, and it came with a light gray cloth interior. However, we worked a deal to get black leather installed. The dealership did an outstanding job with the leather seats, and the end product is phenomenal. The black leather on top of the light gray seat base is a perfect complement to the black dashboard with the light gray lower dash. We recently purchased the 19" wheels found on the Limited and Sport models off of eBay (lucky lucky) significantly cheaper than we would have paid through the dealer. It has such a custom feel now. We just love it.

Wonderful!
By Mary on 09/08/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I replaced my 03 Highlander Limited with the 08 Limited and what a difference. This car is like a luxury vehicle. Smooth comfortable and quiet ride. The only thing I miss from my 03 Highlander is the storage underneath the console. I would always hide my purse there.

I like my new Highlander 2008
By Joseph J on 09/07/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this on 20th Aug 2007 and I like it. I enjoyed the power, interior, steering controls and audio system with subwoofer. I have one problem, my GPS system doesn’t work if I fix it right in the center of the front windshield, but works well if I fix it on the right or left ends of windshield. Don't know why!!

Exceeds my expectations!!
By Bullet on 09/07/07 05:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new Highlander is a must see/must drive vehicle if you are in the market for a new SUV. While a crossover by design, it can still tow 5,000 lbs. Yet rides and handles as well as a car. It's a super quiet vehicle and leans to the luxury side of the market. Feels like you're driving a Lexus. More gadgetry than you can learn in a week. I've had it a week now and am still learning. I think the gas mileage is good considering it's an SUV. I get as good as my old 1996 Isuzu Oasis which was a 4 cyl. and there is no comparison as to power. This thing really moves! Quality materials and build. This vehicle is a real winner for Toyota!

Meets My Needs Very Well
By CUL8ER on 09/04/07 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

08 Limited 4WD W/Leather. I like this car a lot for what we needed it for which is daily commuting, safety, winter driving and vacation trips. We will pull a POP for camping (when Toyota/or after market design a tow bar). It replaced 02 Odyssey. I am averaging 20 MPG with mixed driving on 5 tanks, so this should improve.

So Far, So Good
By mwfromva on 08/29/07 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't found anything not to like at this point. We've only had the vehicle a couple days, but the wife, who is typically a small car driver (5'3") absolutely loves it and has not had a hard time adjusting to its size. Very comfortable, very spacious. Very happy! We were thinking Rav4, Pilot, Outlook, and Highlander and it was a no brainer after a test drive. Limited rode nice, but the Sport is much more controlled, less floaty. Make sure you test drive both before you buy!

08 Toyota Highlander, first 500 miles.
By hutch34 on 08/29/07 09:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very impressed with the 08 Highlander. The increase in size is just right for me. I was planning to buy a full size SUV but after driving the Highlander, I felt it was the better car for me. So far I have no complaints. The car runs flawlessly and rides very comfortably. I am particularly impressed with the mileage. I am getting between 19 and 21 mpg. I drive a combination of city and hwy. My trips usually exceed 10 miles. This car is especially quiet, I hate a noisy car!! This factor along with Toyota quality and reliability played heavily in my purchasing decision. I came out of an 05 Avalon and the Highlander seems to be quieter than the Avalon.

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport AWD
By Two Toyota on 08/24/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove the Lexus RX and GMC Acadia - dollar for dollar the best of the group. Interior build far surpasses the GMC product and is similar to the Lexus in build quality. Standard V6 provides good acceleration with AWD providing good traction in wet road conditions. Second row seats fold down easily providing amble room for hauling miscellaneous items. Sound system includes six disc CD changer, MP3, and adequate speaker support. The dashboard is perfect with attractive well thought-out design. Good head room, leather seats provide good lumbar support. 19 inch wheels add a great finishing touch to what is a great redesign of an already proven intermediate size SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.