2008 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Good, but choose Sprt/Lim for goodies
By Jose on 09/25/07 19:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great everything in this vehicle. I wish we had gotten the sports or the limited, because they have the power-lift gate, rear view camera, fog lights, DVD system and power folding mirrors (on sport this is optional). We're looking into adding the some of these features now. But overall we're happy with the purchase. Feels like a solid vehicle.

Well Pleased
By Msmacp on 09/23/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am enjoying many wonderful features of my new Highlander. However, I am learning that I was more spoiled than I realized with my Tahoe. Seat comfort on long trips is an issue. There is much more road noise than I have been used to. Would undercoating possibly diminish the noise factor? I attempted to get tires that might be quieter. Due to the size, the tire store owner could not locate options for me with three of the main manufacturers and he did not pursue it any further. Other than that I love not needing to fumble in my purse for the keys all the time. That's great when your hands are full.

Very nice SUV
By Highlander Bob on 09/21/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased the Highlander. It is a great SUV. Very roomy, high quality interior. I'm over 6 foot and have plenty of room in 1st and 2nd rows. Suspension and steering could be slightly more firm, however neither is anywhere near as bad as some say. Doesn't handle compared to CX-9, but if you want a great overall package make sure you test drive the Highlander.

Simply Perfect!!
By vidafareed on 09/20/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first brand new car and I adore it. My brother has a BMW X5 and I see no difference in the performance, build and looks. Great buy. Recommended 5 out of 5.

Interior comfort and visibility
By Dennis on 09/19/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Turned in my 2006 Ford Explorer, a great riding vehicle with many features that fell short on interior comfort and visibility. The Highlander is spacious and comfortable with excellent visibility in most areas.

2008 Toyota Highlander
By NT on 09/17/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car three weeks. I loved the car so far. It came with nav, Bluetooth that connected my cell phone in 2 steps, 4 CD changers that can play MP3 and WMA so you could burn about 130 songs in each CD. It also came with full screen back up camera and a stereo input for iPod or MP3 player. The ride is very quiet compared to my 2001 4Runner. This is the car that has all the leading edge technology.

Some Reservations After 300 Miles
By paktype on 09/17/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery of my silver '08 Highlander Sport with 4wd in August. After three weeks and 300 miles, I have the following, admittedly small, reservations. 1) The steering is too light and doesn't offer enough "feel" of the road. 2) The interior uses some cheap-looking and cheap-feeling plastic (probably to keep the Highlander from usurping Lexus buyers). 3) Handling is surprisingly squirrely on the highway (a lot of little course corrections needed) despite the 4wd. This could be a problem inherent with the 19 inch wheels and tires. 4) Driver's side power window switches are blocked slightly by inside door pull handle. Not bad, but enough to be annoying.

Not perfect, but pretty nice
By Rexlion on 09/16/07 23:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This basic AWD model is almost identical in size to our 2000 Merc Mountaineer, but a little wider and way better ride. Interior fan so much quieter. Headlights much better illumination. Not as good looking or as much fun to drive as the Rav4 in my opinion, but we want to tow a 4000 lb travel trailer and the Rav won't quite do it. This Highlander has plenty of goodies as standard equipment. And 8" ground clearance, yet it's easier to get in and out of than the old Mountaineer. My 5'2" wife is happy about that.

Best Highlander So Far
By rfs on 09/14/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2004 Highlander Limited. New one is larger, has more power and is quieter, but gets around the same gas mileage so far, which should improve after break-in and start using Mobil 1. More room for 3rd row passengers. Some nice added features from previous models, like the 19" wheels, fully adjustable steering wheel and automatic rear passenger AC.

This SUV rocks!
By Nala on 09/12/07 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first saw this SUV, I knew it was the one for me.This SUV is hands down the most attractive SUV in its class, with its streamlined appearance that resembles luxury SUVs such as the Cayenne or the VW Toureg, but with the low maintenance costs, reliability and resale value of Toyota. The amount of passenger and cargo space in this SUV is amazing! I love to go on road trips and take friends along, and I know they will not be uncomfortable in the back seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.