2008 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
The best of the best
By Kyle Ginder on 10/10/07 03:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle all around. I have the sport model and love the looks of it, and it handles great. Toyota has really outdone themselves w/the highlander. The only negative things I have to say about it is that I don't care for the headlights when switched to brights but dims work great and head rests are just a little to far forward.

2008 Toyota Highlander
By David on 10/09/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased last weekend, so far so good. Vehicle handles very well and the ride is smooth over rough Illinois roads. I love the extra room our kids now have (compared to 07 Rav4). The engine is also well suited to this vehicle as it was way too much for the Rav4. The storage area is also large with 3rd row seats down. Overall pleased with the purchase and love the car!

Excellent for big guys
By Sagray on 10/09/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this for 5 days now, and I took it on a weekend trip already. It's wonderful to drive. Not super duper quiet, but much better than most non-luxury cars. I searched for an upper-tier vehicle that would fit my 6'4", 300 lb frame. None of the luxury vehicles fit me, and I almost gave up before I read that Toyota made the Highlander bigger for 2008. All I can say is EUREKA! They did a great job, because it's a great vehicle, and it fits me quite nicely. Everything seems designed quite well. Since I got all the bells and whistles, I'm still learning my way around but I haven't found anything to really disappoint me.

I love my 2008 Toyota Highlander!
By Diane on 10/03/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I'd own a vehicle this big as I've always had smaller cars. However, we needed something that could tow. I knew I wanted a Toyota but didn't like the 4Runner look. Was going to get the RAV4 until I saw the re-designed Highlander. I had to have one - love the look! Not crazy about the black 2-tone interior, but that is a minor thing. Also, wish the Bluetooth capability was standard. Not worth the additional $ in the higher end package. This thing drives excellent! Love the quiet drive especially on the highway. I recommend the '08 Highlander to everyone!!

This is a keeper!
By bluesguitar on 10/03/07 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the base model, which is where the value is. It's the same car as the much more expensive version without the overpriced dvd player, blue tooth and GPS (we have our own for that one time a month we need it). This car is clearly superior in features to the 2008 Honda Pilot which drives like a truck to both me and my wife. It replaced a Honda Odyssey but still has the ability to seat 7 people comfortably (and looks way cooler!). We love it!!

Impressed for my first Toyota
By Greg M on 10/03/07 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota purchase. I have only owned Hondas before. I wanted to try something different and found the 08 Highlander to be that vehicle. It rides nice and has all the bells and whistles. I like the push button start and the power rear door. The rear door is great when shopping, just push the button and the rear hatch opens. I love the look of the 19 inch wheels also. The JBL stereo sounds awesome.

2008 Highlander
By Dave on 10/02/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the vehicle. First new vehicle for me in 20 years. Very nice drive. More confortable and better handling then Pilot test drive.

Do not get the base. Spend the $$
By deewill on 10/01/07 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far this is a great vehicle. Great power and gets 24.4 on the highway. The base has the standard features but when you are used to a loaded Toyota you do not realize how many options you are missing until you leave the dealership. No power lift gate. Takes two men and a small boy to pull it down. No outside temp gauge. Manual cloth base seats are not all that comfortable on trips. No blue tooth, no hitch, though you pay standard for the prep. I guess they drilled some holes in the frame for you. You cannot buy a hitch yet. No body side molding. I see numerous door dings in the future. Multiple blind spots. Need to add the convex mirrors in the corners.

Traded in 2004
By MHess23 on 10/01/07 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota's hold their value and I traded in my 2004 Limited Highlander for this 2008. I liked my 2004 but love the 2008. Many new options and great ride. I purchased fully loaded Limited with GPS/nav and DVD player. Best plus is the captain's chair in the 2nd row. Plenty of room for my 8 year old in the 3rd row. My kids absolutely love this car. Sirius satellite and Bluetooth technology are awesome as well. Have fun with this SUV!!

My Lexus (I mean Toyota) Highlander
By Kevin on 09/26/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought 2008 Highlander, traded in older 4Runner. Ride is great, drives and handles like a Camry more so than a truck/SUV. Great on gas, a powerful and efficient V6 vs. a gas guzzling V8. A lot roomier than we thought as we needed a 3rd row, bigger than the new 4Runners with 3rd rows (looks better too). Very stylish, lots of complements. In a nutshell - Toyota quality!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.