2008 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
The Best Vehicle Available for 2008
By Lyn on 11/17/07 18:08 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota and what a wonderful experience. I am a 48 year old grandmother who still needs a little fun in her life. This vehicle fits the bill of not too large and not too small. Perfect for taking my children to college, loading groceries and simply a blast to drive. Would highly recommend this car-based vehicle to everyone. Past loves have been Expeditions, minivans and a sport car. Best value and so much more. I appreciate the car more each day. Even my honda loving husband of 24 years enjoys driving it! I love the stares when I drive it!!

SUV to seriously consider
By Jim Burdette on 11/17/07 06:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! Fuel economy is above average, I was hoping for terrific fuel economy. Fun to drive, power when needed, comfortable for longer trips. Many standard features are optional on other comparable SUVs. I am looking forward to winter driving to test the performance in snow. Highly recommend this vehicle.

CoachP's Highlander
By CoachP on 11/09/07 19:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a man who has had 5 hip replacements and two knees, and was very happy with his two Odysseys, I was interested to look at the '08 Highlander. What scared me off the CX-9 was no Mazda store in town, and questionable reliability. I cannot be happier with the Toyota, nor with the way I was treated at the store (which I had never previously been in). The styling is outstanding, everyone knows Toyota's quality, and the mileage has been good.

2008 Sport AWD
By Max on 11/04/07 07:23 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking for cars and reading their specs for 8 months. I decided to wait for the 2008 Highlander and the Nissan Rogue. Although I loved the Rogue my husband complained that his knees/legs hit the center console! I needed these things in a car: comfort, good economy for the vehicle size, takes regular unleaded gas, enough instant pickup to get on the freeway, decent warranty. The V-6 offers as much power as did my V-8 Mountaineer. I am averaging 21 mpg so far. The comfort is not the best but better than most short seated cars in this price range.

Bigger is Better
By JMcKayPA on 11/03/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 05 Rav 4 which was a great little SUV, but the 08 Highlander that I've had for 3 weeks now is a lot more fun and a lot less cramped. Very quiet on the highway, quick to accelerate and a very comfortable interior. Took some getting used to with the bigger front. Love the radio with the 'sound adjustment' feature. When the road gets loud, the radio goes up!

Great Vehicle
By Kurt on 11/02/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking for a new crossover SUV and it came down to the Ford Explorer and the Toyota Highlander. We just bought it last weekend. I chose the Toyota because my previous experiences with their vehicles have been very positive, and I perceived the Toyota to be a better value. The looks are stunning, it rides like a Lexus, and the build quality is superior to the Ford's. If you drive her easy, you can easily get 25 mpg city/highway (not bad for a 270 hp, 5000 lb vehicle). We also needed something that would last us 10 years or more, so I gravitated towards the Toyota.

Worth It
By Bigchief on 10/24/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I only have owned for 2 weeks, but this vehicle has surpassed my expectations. I researched and tested Acadia and Mazda CX9, however, based on the features and looks of the Highlander, this was my choice. I am hoping the maintenance and cost of ownership of the Toyota reputation is valid with this vehicle. I have received many "thumbs-up" gestures from older Highlander drivers. I chose the Sport with a lot of extras. Would have been easier to deside if a greater selection of Highlanders were on the lot, but I am thrilled with the color and vehicle I ordered.

Love my new 08 Sport!
By Peter on 10/22/07 04:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2004 Sequoia since I have decided to go a litle more green in my life. I still need the ability to drive around 2 small children and was not going to get a minivan. The new Highlander fits the bill perfectly. Drives like a Camry not a truck, and is so quiet and comfortable. I got the factory tow hitch and running boards, Option A package. I will be adding the body side moldings when they get reintroduced with the proper adhesive. I have all weather floor and cargo mats, door edge guards and a few oil filters being shipped to me. Also waiting for the hood deflector to be released.

2008 Highlander
By Bob & Emily on 10/15/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with all aspects of this car. Gas mileage exceeded our expectations, getting 25.5 mpg on a recent 600 mile trip. We got just under 28 mpg on the way back. So far we seem to be averaging 20 mpg around town. Kids love the room and the third row seat. Great ride, quiet and comfortable. We're glad this vehicle came with the back up camera without having to get the nav. system. We looked for a long time and at lots of different cars, this easily was the best car for us.

Love It So Far!
By haha0002 on 10/14/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had our Highlander for a week, but so far, it's great. We traded in our Honda Odyssey, because the kids are getting their own licenses now and we wanted something for mostly us. However, we were reluctant to give up the roominess of the Odyssey. Our Highlander still maintains the feeling of spaciousness, fits the kids comfortably, when needed and just feels good to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.