2007 Toyota Highlander 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wonderful Hwy Cruiser

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful Hwy Cruiser
By Metro Atlanta on

2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were shopping for a small/medium size SUV for our off-work vehicle. We were looking at several other SUVs out there before settling for the Highlander. It was not the best of the bunch but it was the best deal of them all. The RAV4 V6 and Murano definitely had more punch and characteristics. But the Highlander had the best value of the bunch. As expected, the fit & finish is excellent. The V6 is more than adequate for everyday driving. The handling is better than I expected. It is quite balanced for a fwd. Great ergonomics all around. The chrome enhancement on the Sport model really freshens up the dull look of the base model. Can't beat the deal at 0% for 48 months.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort. Quiet ride. Smoothness of the V6. Value. The ease for entry & exit. The engine compartment is well defined enough for myself to work on or to perform basic maintenance services over the years to come. Parts are relatively inexpensive. Excellent vehicle overall.

Suggested Improvements

The base radio that came with this Sport model is "cheap". I'll be upgrading this in the near future. The gas mileage is not as good as some of the raters have put it. Our Highlander has been broken in yet so I can't provide an accurate figure. Best mileage was approx 21 mpg, worst was approx 18