2007 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Way too much road noise!

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Review

Way too much road noise!
By Renee on

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Aug 2007 after selling my Avalon. Does the job, and its lack of "flashiness" is fine with me. But the road noise - ugh!! My father-in-law's 2004 Highlander is super quiet. So now I wonder if this noise issue is unique to my vehicle or all '07s. Upgraded to Bridgestone tires but didn't help with the noise. Music and conversation has to be at very loud levels to hear. Plan on asking dealership about it.

Easy fold down second row when extra cargo room needed.

A/C in second row. Better functioning defrosters. Make the road noise stop.
By bubsywub
on 04/22/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

I just purchased a 2007 Highlander Limited and like you, I'm surprised by the road noise. Back in Dec 2002, I test drove a 2003 Highlander before deciding to get a 2003 RX300 instead, but the 2003 Highlander Limited didn't have road noise! My Highlander has Goodyear Integrity tires. My RX had the Bridgestone Dueller H/T's. Thanks for sharing that changing to Bridgestones didn't help. Add my 07 to your list of Highlander Limited's that have loud road noise!