Used 2007 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Disappointed with Highlander
By kraley

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Highlander about 2 weeks ago and ready to trade it in already. Vehicle makes a weird, rattling/vibrating noise when accelerating from a hard stop. Doesn't go away til you pass 40 mph. Interior visibilitily at night difficult. Can't see buttons etc. well. Worst of all, there are no A/C vents in second row. Passengers sitting in the back row are totally dependent on front seat passengers for A/C vent control. This means front row passengers freeze so that the back seat passengers are getting enough air. This is such a basic oversight I can't believe I spent over $31K for this vehicle.

Favorite Features

3rd row seat; great visibility (behind/side, etc.).

Suggested Improvements

A/C vents in back row; fix the rattling in the steering column. CD changer mode on the steering column.

High Marks For Highlander
By Florida Son

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Looked long and hard at what was available out there, and Highlander Limited is the perfect vehicle if you want a well-built, reliable mid-size SUV that doesn't go off-road. My limited is loaded with lots of options, and it seems Toyota has put just about anything you can think of into the vehicle. Safety features are also above and beyond, comparable with Volvo. It's early in the process for us, but we're very happy thus far!

Favorite Features

Hard to choose just one - the Limited comes loaded with options, so it's a toss-up between the 8-way power heated seats, the moon roof, safety features and JBL 8-speaker system.

Suggested Improvements

The third row is tight in terms of leg room, and only recommended for kids - but it's a great thing to have when you are toting extra little ones around. Figuring out the seat belts and little details takes time, you need to read the owners manual.

Real world car
By philip k

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 2nd Highlander. My wife and I liked the 2001 so much, that we decided to buy the 2007 before the upcoming redesign. The size and practicality is perfect for our family. We live in upstate NY, so 4 wheel drive is important, but the vehical never goes off road so we don't need a heavy 4x4 SUV. The Highlander meets all of our needs.

Favorite Features

A four wheel drive system without a 2 speed transfer case. Excellent visibility and utility. A well balanced, high quality vehicle.

My First Toyota/SUV
By Andy

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have enjoyed driving my Highlander, I use it as my everyday car from commuting to running errands. The ride is smooth, and quiet (surprising for an SUV). Have not run into any problems, so far. Still need to test it in the snow! Seems to me that the Highlander is more of a family vehicle than a single persons ride, but it was in my price range, and had all the features I was looking for. I should have waited a few more months for the release of the new 2008 model, it looks sweet.

Favorite Features

The amount of interior lighting it has. Sun roof, trunk space, sunglass compartment.

Suggested Improvements

Remove tape player and ash tray/cig lighter. Improve on the sound system, mpg at 18/22 is ok, could be better without going to the hybrid, and the overall storage space could be utilized better, i.e., doors/compartment areas.

Perfect All Around
By msw66

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 99 Yukon for one of the remaining 07s since the redesigned 08s hit dealers this month. The vehicle is everything I thought it would be and more. I tested the new CR-V and found some inherent design issues with it. For what the Highlander is, a small-mid size SUV I think it couldn't be better. Power, MPG, interior layout, comfort, handling all are tops. I'm so pleased I was able to get what I wanted with regards to color and options, very few were remained in the Southwest.

Favorite Features

Simple interior/exterior layout, powertrain smoothness, shifting, power. High quality interior materials.

Suggested Improvements

Being that this is the last year for this body style/ powertrain, there's no real point in making a case for anything. The only things I would have liked to see for 07 is an aux input jack for iPod and a better stereo upgrade than the JBL system - subwoofer option or better speakers