2007 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Excellent SUV
By T Fontana on 07/12/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Highlander. I loved my Dodge Durango V8, but gas was getting expensive. This is my first Toyota and so far, so good. Very comfortable to drive, I'm 5'2 and he's 5'11, perfect for both. Nice amount of shopping space and visibility. My 7 yr old love all the cup holders. Only suggestion would be if the SUV came with window guards to protect more from the rain when opening the doors. I wish I had gotten the gray interior instead of the tan, just more vacuuming will be required. Over all very happy with my new car.

you get what you pay for
By Jane on 07/10/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had agreed to trade my '04 Lexus GX 470 in because of dismal fuel economy, and because my son is in college and we still needed an SUV I was suckered in to this. Well, needless to say you get what you pay for, the design both inside and out is pathetic and the ride quality is just as bad ( with floaty feel and horribly weighted steering.) Problems: 1. Excessive engine vibration transmitted through steering column. 2. Excessive front braking, front brakes grab, seem out of proportion with back. Braking consistency varies. 3. Engine idle, loud resonance or “boominess”, growl in first gear. 5. Transmission erratic with inappropria erratic with inappropriate shifting.

Love It
By Linda & Nick on 06/09/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We made up our minds to get another Toyota, this time the Highlander. Love it. Not too big, not too small, it's just right. It handles smoothly and I have the feeling of security in it. Would suggest this auto to anyone who is looking for safety, height of 4 wheeler, and ride of Lexus. Very comfortable, love it, love it, love it. Can't go wrong buying this one. Well worth it. No negatives on this car.

The Camry SUV
By The Camry SUV on 06/01/07 12:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have an 06 Camry and love the ride and gas mileage. Bought the Highlander 4 cyl hoping to get the same ride and mileage. I got the ride of a Camry but the mileage has been disappointing. It came with a tow package that I really didn't need, so I'm wondering if that is influencing the gas mileage (18/21). Love the exterior appearance with the real spoiler. The sonora gold color was a change for me but I've grown to like it. Had the dealership put a custom leather pkg on all three rows of seats, interior panels, and front seat heaters. Looks and feels great!

Gas mileage
By DTown on 05/27/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My model has the "information display" with temperature, average mph and average mpg. This feature, especially the mpg can impact your driving habits. Especially with gas over $3/gal. I am more careful about quick acceleration and braking. I have a 26 mile commute to work taking 45 minutes. I average 22.5 mpg. I traveled from Philadlphia to DC and averaged 23.8 mpg. The gas mileage is better than I expected.

My first new car and I love it!
By Grace on 03/29/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I bought a highlander (V6 without the third row) 3 days ago and we love it. It had everything we were looking for and more. It did come with some extras: moon roof, 8 position adjustable seat, rear spoiler and more. We had just wanted the basics, but the price was so good, we could not resist.

A good value
By jjmatuszak on 03/14/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV purchase was a good value. The car rides nice, and I think its very comfortable. The bank seat has plenty of room. The cargo area is large with plenty of room for the kids.

Don't Buy. Unsafe and Irritating
By garywi on 02/16/07 14:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Problems: 1. Excessive engine vibration transmitted through steering column. 2. Excessive front braking, front brakes grab, seem out of proportion with back. Braking consistency varies. 3. Cold idle too high, 1950 RPM, transmission slams into gear. 4. Engine idle, loud resonance or “boominess”, growl in first gear. 5. Transmission erratic with inappropriate shifting. Transmission always shifting up to 5th gear at slow speeds, pushing car forward faster when not desired. Car will not downshift when appropriate. Car will drive for a mile without gas pedal input, stuck in 5th gear at 900 RPM. Car is easier to stop if put in neutral. Excessive braking to keep car from surging forward.

Love My Highlander!!
By Anna on 02/01/07 11:47 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I knew I wanted this car from the moment I saw it. When I found out that 3rd Row seating was available, I knew it was the car! I love how it drives!! The ride is smooth and the seats are very comfortable. My husband sat in the 3rd row and he said there was plenty of legroom. Our 9 year old son thinks the car is "spacious". Our 3 year old likes the car too. I love all the features it has. Outside temp display, driver's window is auto up and down, auto dimming rear view, separate rear heat control, the little compartment to the left of the steering wheel (great for garage door opener and parking garage card AND chapstick!), 6-disc in dash CD changer and the 10 cup holders!! WOW!!

Best choice out there
By David on 01/21/07 07:57 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car drives great and for the price and financing, there was not a better choice out there. We also looked at a RAV Limited but the Highlander was roomier and rode better. The RAV limited was more sporty and had all the extras but at the end of the day, the Highlander was it. This has been a great car for the family.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.