2007 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Basics Work
By j4tuna on 03/20/13 13:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Hylander new and currently have been putting 20,000 miles a year. Total maintenance has consisted of 2 sets of tires, a battery and an alternator. Alternator went at 100,000 miles. Used synthetic motor oil from first change - change the oil 3 times a year with filter. Driving - front end is very light - does not do well with snow, ice or heavy rain - but just have to slow down and take lack of traction into account. 6 years into the vehicle - 120,000 miles - hoping to get 4 more years!!

Reliable S.U.V.
By casino2 on 07/25/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been reliable ever since. Ever since, I purchased it brand new, there has been no major issue. I had the battery replaced with the one from Sam's club. The front and rear brakes was replaced with O.E. pads. The transmission was done with new filter, new gasket, and O.E. Toyota Type 4 fluids. Also four new tires were done. The oil is changed at every 5,000 miles.

This is a great car!
By jemco93 on 05/14/11 22:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wasn't the first choice for us but we like it a lot now. I was set on getting a Rav4 and then considered the Subaru Forester but though I'd stick with Toyota. Because of limited choices here, we started looking for a Rav4 with 4WD and V6 which is hard to find without being over used. We found a Lexus RX330 and thought this might be it but then later going back we found out it was sold. I had researched the inventory they with had and saw they had a highlander that met our criteria. We looked at it and test drove it and found that we really liked it. So far it been driving well and we plan on using it for 200,000 miles

M next car will be again a Higlinder
By Olga MA on 08/04/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Highlander pre- owned/certified and drove it 40.000 in 1.5 year. It gives about 24-25 MPG. This is my first Toyota. I used to own only American cars but none of them lasted more than 100.000. LOVE this car. It’s comfortable drive, super reliable. I have over 65.000 miles on this car and she sounds like new. I love the space, I love I have a small sailboat and I can put it on top and howl it to the beach, I love it has a hatchback (not a swing out back-door as Rav4). What I don’t love: The radio. Its cheap. The interior fabric is cheap/poor quality. The arm supports are short. I barely can rest my elbow & I am normal height. The car's outside its thin.

Way too much road noise!
By Renee on 07/20/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Aug 2007 after selling my Avalon. Does the job, and its lack of "flashiness" is fine with me. But the road noise - ugh!! My father-in-law's 2004 Highlander is super quiet. So now I wonder if this noise issue is unique to my vehicle or all '07s. Upgraded to Bridgestone tires but didn't help with the noise. Music and conversation has to be at very loud levels to hear. Plan on asking dealership about it.

decent, good vehicle - no wow factor
By jack on 01/05/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Highlander is very comfortable and functional, but we don't drive much. The transmission seems ill-suited to puttering around the city; it always seems like it wants us to accelerate more abruptly. Plenty of cargo room for longer hauls with kids. We've had one loose speaker since purchase that I've been too lazy to fix.

Great Ride!
By Roderick M. Martin on 12/16/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this demo from the dealer with 2300 miles on it. After driving Camry's all our lives we wanted a SUV for the winters in Michigan. Twice we have been in snowstorms and one blizzard and felt very comfortable driving in the snow. We barely felt the shifting when it went into all wheel drive. The only complaint we have is that somehow the sides of the front seats are beginning to wear and when I have checked out other Highlanders I notice the same weathering. I like the fact that I can sit higher and see better out any window and the gas mileage for this 4cyl SUV is closer to 30 on the highway. We will be looking for another Highlander when it's time for a new car as we love it!

Cold Seats
By tom on 11/04/09 15:08 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Altogether a great car. FWD gets us anywhere in Northern MI. Orig. Toyo tires were very, very bad - they would cause hydroplaning even in light rain. Ave miles are 20=21 mpg. Plenty of power seems like a v6. Worst problem is cold air gets in from the doors and causes very cold behinds on both sides. We installed lambswool seat covers but it did not help. Don't buy unless you have heated seats installed. Otherwise expect 5 months of cold behinds.

Disappointed
By Gloria S on 09/05/09 23:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle after much research. I am disappointed in the leg room, you feel like your legs are not fully supported. The seats feel very hard. In addition, if it is raining and very hot, your ac will not cool and the belt slips.

Poor Transmission
By Chuck on 08/30/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had rough downshift from day one. Took the car to local Colorado springs dealer and they say within specs, can't do anything. On slight uphill and SLOW advance of throttle the transmission (20-30% of time) SLAMS into a lower gear. Sometimes feels like it drops two gears. Just bought new Infinity and the shifting in all directions is silky smooth. Can't imagine buying another Toyota. Rest of the car is OK, not great but OK. Clumsy third rear seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.