Used 2007 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Long Lasting!
By Peter Fenner

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in March, 2007 and have 163,000 miles on it. I've done all the maintenance but my repair bill has been exactly $10 for a new gas cap! It's by far the most reliable car I have ever had and it still runs like new! The only negative is that even with the V6, it's a little sluggish, but it rides smooth and has never let me down. As far as maintenance, the brakes are very strong, I can stop on a dime, and last a long time (around 75,000 miles). The tires do wear fairly quickly. Overall, how much more can I ask for and given how it's running, even though I have the itch for a new car, why would I? It will be interesting to see how long it lasts - As I mentioned before, it sounds no different than when I drove it off the lot!

Ok, it's three weeks after I wrote the above review. The transmission died just short of 164,000 miles. It's a bit disappointing to say the least. Still a good car but I expected it to last beyond 200,000 miles. Donated it to Goodwill and bought a Honda CRV. Oh well

Great car. Good value. Good daily driver
By International Emergency Vehicle Repsonses

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 3.3L V6 3rd row in a great dark blue color. I like it a lot overall, back in 2007, buying my first new car was a big deal, but I was still on a tight budget, but being me, I wanted the sport package, and a v6 with a 3rd row. I got exactly what I wanted. Makes a near perfect daily driver, love all the storage, but at the same time, it has "no frills" for example: Grey cloth seats, plastic dashboard and other stuff, nothing fancy which is fine. I like that is is higher up of the ground than my old 2007 Ford Five-Hundred 3.0L V6, getting into it feels halfway like getting into a pickup and halfway like getting into a car, which I like. Really reliable car. The maintenance light has been on for about 2 years, I've got it checked out like 10 times since only for them to say my engine and other stuff is fine. I get the oil changed about every 6,000 miles, and it really does treat me well. I would recommend this car. Being me, me and my friends are very serious emergency vehicle videographers/ photographers, and as everyone expects, we have 8 people total and a lot of equipment. We rarely carpool in my Highlander, but it is very helpful to have the 3 extra seats, even though you are practically eating your knees back there, 3rd row has a few inches of legroom at most, but it's fine. It can always meet my needs and carry my friends and camera equipment, I like the sunroof even though I forget about it all the time. Great car overall

Basics Work
By j4tuna

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Hylander new and currently have been putting 20,000 miles a year.
Total maintenance has consisted of 2 sets of tires, a battery and an alternator. Alternator went at 100,000 miles. Used synthetic motor oil from first change - change the oil 3 times a year with filter.

Driving - front end is very light - does not do well with snow, ice or heavy rain - but just have to slow down and take lack of traction into account.

6 years into the vehicle - 120,000 miles - hoping to get 4 more years!!

Economical - 25 to 27 miles per gallon, simple to do oil changes myself, tires wear very evenly, plenty of rear cargo space for small projects

Drivers seat should slide back another 2 inches - not enought options on distance from pedals and wheels

Reliable S.U.V.
By casino2

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been reliable ever since. Ever since, I purchased it brand new, there has been no major issue. I had the battery replaced with the one from Sam's club. The front and rear brakes was replaced with O.E. pads. The transmission was done with new filter, new gasket, and O.E. Toyota Type 4 fluids. Also four new tires were done. The oil is changed at every 5,000 miles.

Flushing the radiator won't be done around 100,000 miles. At that time, I will have the thermostat, upper hose, lower hose and O.E. coolant changed.

Dashboard molding,

This is a great car!
By jemco93

2007 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wasn't the first choice for us but we like it a lot now. I was set on getting a Rav4 and then considered the Subaru Forester but though I'd stick with Toyota. Because of limited choices here, we started looking for a Rav4 with 4WD and V6
which is hard to find without being over used. We found a Lexus RX330 and thought this might be it but then later going back we found out it was sold. I had researched the inventory they with had and saw they had a highlander that met our criteria. We looked at it and test drove it and found that we really liked it.
So far it been driving well and we plan on using it for 200,000 miles

I love everything about it! I love the quality and the reliability of Toyota, being a student and my parents sending me off to college this fall. Its a relief to know that I am going to have a good car in the snowy weather and going over passes. This car seemed solid and has changed to fit the consumers and need. I hope Toyota will continue to make great cars.

I wish they could market the 4wd a little better. I read somewhere else it is a 50:50 split but the dealer mentioned that is part time 4WD and it only kicks in when it slips. ECT snow is a differential for icy roads. Sorry but I looked this up so many times, and I am still not sure. Someone said they used it for towing.