Used 2007 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Basics Work
By j4tuna

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2007 Hylander new and currently have been putting 20,000 miles a year. Total maintenance has consisted of 2 sets of tires, a battery and an alternator. Alternator went at 100,000 miles. Used synthetic motor oil from first change - change the oil 3 times a year with filter. Driving - front end is very light - does not do well with snow, ice or heavy rain - but just have to slow down and take lack of traction into account. 6 years into the vehicle - 120,000 miles - hoping to get 4 more years!!

Favorite Features

Economical - 25 to 27 miles per gallon, simple to do oil changes myself, tires wear very evenly, plenty of rear cargo space for small projects

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat should slide back another 2 inches - not enought options on distance from pedals and wheels

Reliable S.U.V.
By casino2

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been reliable ever since. Ever since, I purchased it brand new, there has been no major issue. I had the battery replaced with the one from Sam's club. The front and rear brakes was replaced with O.E. pads. The transmission was done with new filter, new gasket, and O.E. Toyota Type 4 fluids. Also four new tires were done. The oil is changed at every 5,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Flushing the radiator won't be done around 100,000 miles. At that time, I will have the thermostat, upper hose, lower hose and O.E. coolant changed.

Suggested Improvements

Dashboard molding,

This is a great car!
By jemco93

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wasn't the first choice for us but we like it a lot now. I was set on getting a Rav4 and then considered the Subaru Forester but though I'd stick with Toyota. Because of limited choices here, we started looking for a Rav4 with 4WD and V6 which is hard to find without being over used. We found a Lexus RX330 and thought this might be it but then later going back we found out it was sold. I had researched the inventory they with had and saw they had a highlander that met our criteria. We looked at it and test drove it and found that we really liked it. So far it been driving well and we plan on using it for 200,000 miles

Favorite Features

I love everything about it! I love the quality and the reliability of Toyota, being a student and my parents sending me off to college this fall. Its a relief to know that I am going to have a good car in the snowy weather and going over passes. This car seemed solid and has changed to fit the consumers and need. I hope Toyota will continue to make great cars.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they could market the 4wd a little better. I read somewhere else it is a 50:50 split but the dealer mentioned that is part time 4WD and it only kicks in when it slips. ECT snow is a differential for icy roads. Sorry but I looked this up so many times, and I am still not sure. Someone said they used it for towing.

M next car will be again a Higlinder
By Olga MA

2007 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Highlander pre- owned/certified and drove it 40.000 in 1.5 year. It gives about 24-25 MPG. This is my first Toyota. I used to own only American cars but none of them lasted more than 100.000. LOVE this car. Itís comfortable drive, super reliable. I have over 65.000 miles on this car and she sounds like new. I love the space, I love I have a small sailboat and I can put it on top and howl it to the beach, I love it has a hatchback (not a swing out back-door as Rav4). What I donít love: The radio. Its cheap. The interior fabric is cheap/poor quality. The arm supports are short. I barely can rest my elbow & I am normal height. The car's outside its thin.

Favorite Features

It is reliable, comfortable, spacious, drives very nice still at 65.000 miles

Suggested Improvements

Inside fabric and plastic are super cheap. Radio and speakers - Terrible. Give it 'regular' people arm support. I had little bumping thing with a Subaru. The Subaru barely had a scratch. My Toyota looks like a rammed her into a wall. Make it more solid

Way too much road noise!
By Renee

2007 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Aug 2007 after selling my Avalon. Does the job, and its lack of "flashiness" is fine with me. But the road noise - ugh!! My father-in-law's 2004 Highlander is super quiet. So now I wonder if this noise issue is unique to my vehicle or all '07s. Upgraded to Bridgestone tires but didn't help with the noise. Music and conversation has to be at very loud levels to hear. Plan on asking dealership about it.

Favorite Features

Easy fold down second row when extra cargo room needed.

Suggested Improvements

A/C in second row. Better functioning defrosters. Make the road noise stop.