2006 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Still Enjoying My HL After 2 Y

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Review

Still Enjoying My HL After 2 Years!
By Mercy58 on

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Highlander after test driving a Sienna; found the HL much easier to handle (I have a bad arm, so that's important to me). First Toyota, very pleased; just had 30,000 mile service done with no problems. It drives very well in the snow. Rides great after replacing original tires with good quality Michelins. I find it very easy to maneuver and visibility is good. Paint does scratch easily under door handles. Tranny hesitates a bit shifting down when turning into my steep uphill drive. 3rd row seat okay for children; too small for most adults. Overall I'm very happy with my HL!

Sunroof, smooth ride, maneuverability, power driver's seat, user friendly dash controls, shifter position, interior roominess, interior colors (tan/silver), perfect height for entering/exiting (for me, 5'7"), quick acceleration, 3rd row seat folds flat for cargo storage.

Better front seat cupholders! (They improved the center console on '08s.) Rear window glass opening independent of door would be nice. Wish these were standard on base model: compass/temp display, 6 disc CD changer, daytime running lights, middle seat heat/air vents, better quality tires.