2006 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Hesitation

2006 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

By Linda on

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota, 2nd HL. 1st HL was a 2002 4cyl. Loved it so much that we decided to upgrade to a 2006 6 cyl Limited model. Boy what a mistake. It has no more power than the 4 cyl & the way it drives & shifts is such a disappointment. When I slow down it jerks like I missed a gear and then when you go to accelerate, there is such a hesitation that you don't know if it is going to go or just die. It really scares me when I'm in traffic. I've told the service dept about this for two years. 1st they said nothing was wrong, then they said it was a flaw in the chip & they had a new update that would fix that. That didn't work. Now they say it is normal & that that's the way it brain works.

I love the size, lots of leg room for small SUV, great gas mileage, leather seats are comfortable and I think its overall appearance is great.

Please do something about the driving hesitation and I think it would be the perfect vehicle.