Used 2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Great SUV
By Fred H

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Toyota Highlander is the best vehicle we's ever owned. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and can haul heavy loads of gifts for our grandchildren. It seats seven and we love it.

Comfort and driving ease.

Make gold insignias an option.

So far so good!
By heidigreenlaw

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle for one month - so far so good. This is my first Toyota.

Heated seats - wonderful on cold New England mornings! Stereo controls on steering wheel. Auto lights. Sunroof.

Doors don't automatically lock when you put the car in drive or reach a certain speed; window controls are not lit up in the dark.

Almost there
By Pedro

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 Toyota Highlander in July. It was a good purchase but a little more than I could afford - dealers have a way of making you spend more than you should. I love the color and the smell of the car although I bought it used with only 8700 miles. The ride is good but a little noisy - it may be wind noise when the windows are down. Gas mileage seems pretty good but not as good as I was promised. I drive mostly in the city and get about 19 to 20 miles to the gallon. I have a large family and needed the extra seating. The rear seat is a little cramped for my older ones but it is OK for my younger kids. I hope this is a reliable car.

I like having air conditioning and a radio. We chose this car for the built in DVD player.

I think that this car rides too high. I would like to see it lowered about 5 inches. Its hard for my mother to enter the car.

My 06 Highlander sport
By ron

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 06 Highlander Sport v6. Drives like a dream with precise handling and very much a carlike ride. I like the firm but not choppy ride. The sport tuned suspension provides a very nice and predictable handling experience. Corners beautifully, and the acceleration of the V6 is powerful, yet provides decent mpg. My Highlander now has 3000 miles on it and my mpg overall city/hwy is 20mpg. I've been getting around 22.5 on the hwy. I love my highlander and happy I made the choice of owning one.

Radio controls on steering wheel. Very roomy interior. Handsome design. Easy to use cruise control. Very quiet ride, even better and quieter than my German made luxury SUV at half the cost.

Automatic door locks. Better quality console materials. Cheap feeling plastic is now being used. Does not match quality of the rest of this great vehicle.

highlander
By allen

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, a very reliable car. This is my second Highlander SUV and so far no mechanical problems.

this is a very reliable SUV

Toyota needs to improve the road noise and the tires that come with the SUV do not last long. My will probably last 15,000 miles. That's not good.