2006 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
poor transmission
By karen18 on 05/02/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

V6 AWD automatic drives like a manual transmission driven by someone who doesn't know how to shift. Toyota says all is within specifications and transmission will "learn" how I drive. Hasn't yet. Hesitation, overreving, underreving, hard shifting. Console area leaves a lot to be desired. Not enough spaces to put things. Speedometer should only go to 110mph; half of it is never used. Lumbar support is nice. Vehicle has a good amount of room. Wouldn't buy again.

Get your own
By Stuman on 04/25/06 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As we see more and more of these on the road it is no wonder. These are fantasic vehicles that handle great as well as ride excellent, get great mileage and has outstanding looks. We all love it!!

Great Build Quality But...
By gettomedicss on 04/23/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It feels solid, secure and safe. I`m 6ft tall, the seats are too short and gives me no thigh support. I'm only getting 16-18 mpg with mostly highway miles and the cup holders are placed too far back.

Great ride for the money
By Mark in Geneva IL on 03/26/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first Toyota from a long history of Honda’s. So far so good. We’re impressed with the build quality and ride quality as well. We love the easy to use gauges, and ergonomic design of the cabin. The rear seat area is very comfortable and large, we don’t have the 3rd row seat. We opted for the 4 cyl. engine after driving the V6 we couldn’t justify another $2K for the minimal difference in performance. The dealership is offering some great incentives with the redesigned 2007 around the corner.

My 2nd HL-"there can be more than one"
By dan on 03/20/06 06:48 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When it was time to replace another car and after exhaustive research we bought our second Highlander. We did so because of the latest info out there about 06 but also due to the fact of having one for the last four years that still looks brand new despite living with four teenagers. They are reliable, get decent gas mileage, responds well in many different driving conditions and has great leg room for our tall family.

Smooth riding SUV
By Joe on 03/18/06 05:15 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had my Highlander for about a month and have not been disappointed. Rides almost as smooth as my Acura. Engine shifts effortlessly, very quiet, rides as if you are in a luxury car with SUV capabilities. Great engineering with amazing handling. Owned 3 other SUVs with none of them either close in design or quality.

Love My Car
By Linda on 03/08/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Highlander for 3 months and absolutely love it. The comfort and drive are superior. I've test drove a number of vehicles and by far this was the best suited for me in size, comfort and driveability. Can't say enough - I love driving my vehicle.

Love Toyota!
By MAS on 03/01/06 10:24 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a minivan and wanted to downsize as well as switch to a SUV. After researching online and test driving for months, I finally decided on the Highlander. I love that it drives like a car, not a truck. It handles extremely well and has great pickup. I'm currently getting about 20 mpg in the city which is more than what is advertised. So far, couldn't be happier with my decision. The one thing I do not like is that it does not have automatic door locks. This would be a great safety feature at very minimal (or no) cost.

So Far - So Good
By bleubyu on 03/01/06 07:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although I have not had the HL for very long, I know I made the right choice. I was previously considering the CRV and new RAV4, but the HL flat out blows them into the weeds in terms of comfort and utility. The Limited Model with leather seats and a few other options is basically a Lexus 330 for $12k less. Toyota is aggressively pricing these puppies. Materials and workmanship seem excellent. Sound system is very good. I needed one totally practical vehicle in the line-up and the HL nails it!

Stinky
By Ken Steele on 02/24/06 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Highlander just before Christmas in 2005, We like the vehicle except for one big problem, The smell ! after driving a short distance we start smelling a burning oil smell and it has totally ruined that new car smell, It is so embarassing to take anyone with us, they think the car is on fire. Really plays havoc on the sinuses too, despite the dealer promising the stench will go away it continues to this day, we are very dis-appointed in this car, dealer says the smell is normal? and will eventually go away? Buyers should be forewarned of this problem before selling the car to un- suspecting buyers, we would never have bought this car if we had known it had this terrible smell.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.