2006 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Nice SUV for the money, only two changes
By Mark on 07/12/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very good vehicle for the money. Ride is very comfortable. Fun to drive. 4 cyl. is not lacking in power. I'm sure 6 cyl. is more powerful, but I chose better gas mileage. So far getting 25.3 MPG highway using air conditioning. Two things could be better. Front seats are too short. Doesn't support my legs as well as my old Explorer. Otherwise, seats are very comfortable. Steering wheel only tilts a little. Explorer steering wheel tilt had greater range of movement and I liked the lower position. Highlander steering wheel doesn't go low enough for me.

The first 1500 miles.
By Brandon on 07/11/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a Toyota Highlander the last week of June, 2006. We got the base model with the 2.4L 4-cyl. engine, which has very good performance. We have no problems with highway driving or acceleration. I haven't owned it long enough to give hard mileage estimates, but it looks like the 22/27 or so on the sticker is accurate with 87 octane. The backseat is VERY roomy. The ride is terrific when compared to other SUVs in this segment, being based on the Camry. There's no 'rollover' feeling at all when changing lanes at highway speeds. The turning radius is incredibly small for its size. Being based on a Camry, I expect to own this car for at least 150,000 miles.

My first new car
By cougar92 on 07/07/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 2006, V6, 4wd, 3rd Row. Bought it to augment my 1991 Toyota Corolla sedan (200k, few problems). This is my first new car and love it. Great power, smooth ride, and more room than I will probably use. Bought mostly because of brand loyalty. Looked at competitors. Bought the Highlander.

Great SUV
By Dave on 06/23/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

While we've only owned our new HL for a few days, we have fallen instantly in love with it. It's a great mid- size SUV. We opted for the FWD 4-cyl for fuel economy reasons and I have a 4x4 if needed. It's very comfortable, the 4-cyl provide adequate power and fairly quiet on the road. So far, no complaints.

Somewhat of an expert...
By Elliott on 06/22/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the Highlander because I have owned six (6) of them. That's right... I buy a new one every year and love the vehicle. It fits my needs as an SUV while it rides like a dream. The gas mileage is great for an SUV and is affordable to own. I miss not having the option for an auto dim rearview mirror with compass. It was available in the past but a service note came out against it because installation could interfere with the operation of the air bags. Very happy that fog lights finally became an option. Also glad that a center console became available in 2002. The 2001 didn't have one and you couldn't get an aftermarket for it. Shifting is a little sloppy

Love it
By tami on 06/22/06 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my new highlander. It drives extremely smooth and very quiet. You can not hear the road noise. I highly recommend the Highlander.

My Sport
By Jennifer Walthall on 06/05/06 02:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love it! Drives like a Camry and just as quiet, luxurious and comfortable too. Handles well in all situations. Just all-around great performance! Stereo, air conditioning and heating are incredible in sound and performance. Everything it's cracked up to be.

Gramma's Highlander
By gramB on 05/31/06 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We live in mountain country and I used to have a little diesel car that whimped out going up hills so I appreciate any car that climbs hills . . . but Toyotas do it best! This vehicle is fun to drive without being too big, in fact, I didn't realize it was considered an SUV until after we had bought it . . . not that I have anything against SUVs per se --- but we're all trying to be a little more economically minded these days.

Best SUV for small family
By TXTWOLF on 05/09/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have 3 dogs and one baby. I have had a few suvs (Ford Explorer, Chevy Trailblazer, Jeep Cheerokee, and Toyota Highlander) and this one is the best all around. We got the 4 cyl. for better gas milage and it is great. We live in the burbs and have no need for a 4x4 but want the flexibility of an suv. This is by far the best suv out there, we test drove the pilot and loved it, but kept coming back to the highlander and have never looked back. Great, great fun little suv!

LOVE IT!!!
By Angel430 on 05/08/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the BEST car/SUV I have ever had. And, my husband gets new cars almost every year. This one is going to STAY. I have severe back problems, the back support in both driver and passenger are superb. I have little pain while either driving or riding. Every option: 6 disc changer, DVD w/headphones, sunroof, 3rd row seats, GPS, all are wonderful. I have NO complaints. This is a keeper. Thank you Toyota!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.