Used 2006 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Still Enjoying My HL After 2 Years!
By Mercy58

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Highlander after test driving a Sienna; found the HL much easier to handle (I have a bad arm, so that's important to me). First Toyota, very pleased; just had 30,000 mile service done with no problems. It drives very well in the snow. Rides great after replacing original tires with good quality Michelins. I find it very easy to maneuver and visibility is good. Paint does scratch easily under door handles. Tranny hesitates a bit shifting down when turning into my steep uphill drive. 3rd row seat okay for children; too small for most adults. Overall I'm very happy with my HL!

Sunroof, smooth ride, maneuverability, power driver's seat, user friendly dash controls, shifter position, interior roominess, interior colors (tan/silver), perfect height for entering/exiting (for me, 5'7"), quick acceleration, 3rd row seat folds flat for cargo storage.

Better front seat cupholders! (They improved the center console on '08s.) Rear window glass opening independent of door would be nice. Wish these were standard on base model: compass/temp display, 6 disc CD changer, daytime running lights, middle seat heat/air vents, better quality tires.

So far, so good
By fleetcaptain

2006 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have the hybrid. I love this car. Very reliable, no problems at 40k miles. I've towed several trailers over 900 miles each time, no problems.

hesitates, can't be fixed
By matus

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

after 18 months I still can't trust this vehicle to accelerate when I step on the gas. It takes too long to shift, double shifts and hesitates. I've had to change the way I drive so I don't get slammed into. Interior space usage is not very efficient. Buyer's remorse. Toyota, after three trips to dealership says there's nothing wrong with it.

With seats down the cargo space is like a small pickup. Gas mileage is pretty good.

Put a different engine in it. Put the shift on the column or redesign the center console.

Great But Could Be Better
By Elaine

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Highlander! It is a great vehicle to drive. Comfortable seats. Music is good but should have more speakers in back. Needs air for back also. One of my biggest upsets is the paint job. The paint gets scratched very easy, too easy - I'm not happy about that. She has a beautiful purr.

The ride, the color, seat comfort and the size.

More speakers in the back. Not enough air vent for the back, gets hot. A better quaity of paint.

I love the Highlander!!
By Alanna Otton

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have always loved Toyotas, I have had two in the past... they are always reliable! I chose the Highlander for that reason! I was pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage being higher then expected and it handles really well!

The 6 speaker 6 cd player and the stability control!

Have the outside temperature and the compass as a standard feature!

• SUV