Used 2006 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Great But Could Be Better
By Elaine

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Highlander! It is a great vehicle to drive. Comfortable seats. Music is good but should have more speakers in back. Needs air for back also. One of my biggest upsets is the paint job. The paint gets scratched very easy, too easy - I'm not happy about that. She has a beautiful purr.

Favorite Features

The ride, the color, seat comfort and the size.

Suggested Improvements

More speakers in the back. Not enough air vent for the back, gets hot. A better quaity of paint.

I love the Highlander!!
By Alanna Otton

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have always loved Toyotas, I have had two in the past... they are always reliable! I chose the Highlander for that reason! I was pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage being higher then expected and it handles really well!

Favorite Features

The 6 speaker 6 cd player and the stability control!

Suggested Improvements

Have the outside temperature and the compass as a standard feature!

Missing refinement
By Buca800

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Solid but plain-Jane SUV. Excellent power train. Comfortable interior. Good layout of instruments and controls. However, it is missing on refinements in the interior. Leather is thin and cheap, wrinkles easily. Hard to clean. Dashboard finish is thin and flakes off if even nicked. Radio antenna is weak and causes poor reception. Too many functions on light and wiper pods, which are unlit and hard to work at night. Cannot see instrument cluster even in daylight conditions. My first Toyota and I'm disappointed with the overall chintziness of interior finishes.

Favorite Features

Solid ride with very adequate power. Comfortable seating. Great brakes and steering.

Suggested Improvements

Much more attention to interior finishes. Change to mast antenna. Light the lighting and wiper pods. Change the instrument cluster so you can see it under all lighting conditions. Add higher quality leather. Make dash out of solid color plastic so it doesn't chip.

Toyota Highlander
By PatH

2006 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I done a lot of research for about 2 months before I purchased a Toyota Highlander. My Chevrolet Trailblazer was wrecked. I decided to go with the Highlander after good remarks on Edmunds.com. I wanted something roomy that got good gas mileage. Love the sunroof & JBL radio system. No one is more picky than I am & I highly recommend this vehicle. Exterior is not as sporty looking as my Trailblazer, but it works fine.

Favorite Features

The inside dash layout is very nice. The very bottom space saver is useless to me if you want to get to it while driving. I ride a lot each day in city & highway & I get about 22 to 25 miles to a gallon. That is my favorite feature. I bought in Sept. 2006 & already have 6,000 miles. Armrest good.

Suggested Improvements

Hanger for clothes in cargo area. They are in the back seat where clothes are in the way if someone is sitting there.

2006 Highlander Limited
By MDellapenn

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Highlander Limited, it is a pleasure to drive and easy to handle. The only thing I do not like is the fact it has no trim on the exterior, nothing to break the color up. The comfort on the inside is like driving your living room recliner around. It is great and I love my Highlander.

Favorite Features

The navagation is my favorite, and the sun roof and the sound system are great.

Suggested Improvements

Break the exterior color with pin stripes or two-tone paint.