2006 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Best Vehicle
By LaVerne Schenk on 09/16/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is great to drive..no problems at all. Wonderful perfomance, great get up an go vehicle.

I'm happy with my choice
By billp8 on 09/10/06 00:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the HL with Jeep Liberty and Ford Escape. What sold me on the HL was the rear seat room, build quality, control layout, engine/transmission, and Toyota's reputation. I also like the rear hatch with the spare mounted below (versus the side-hinged door with gate- mounted spare on the Liberty). Mileage in the first 1000 miles is 17- 18 city, 21-23 highway.

Perfect Balance
By avusblue on 08/30/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander is a well-rounded vehicle and the perfect compromise. It combines great utility (passenger and cargo space), smooth comfort (plush and quiet ride), nimble and quick handling (plenty of power), good fuel economy (averaging 23 mpg w/ V6), and a reasonable purchase price. I replaced a Chevy Tahoe and the more manageable size is great when parking and maneuvering - yet the space inside is still ample. I compared against the RAV4 and found the HL to be more comfortable, upscale and attractive, for about the same net price. I skipped the third row seating as I’d never use it, and I appreciate the under-floor storage locker that’s provided instead.

Love the ride
By Jas on 08/29/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a toyota pickup for many years, my last one being '04 four door prerunner, I decided I needed a vehicle that was like an suv but not that big and good on gas. Tada, the sport highlander caught my eye. After doing research and a test drive in the 3.3 6 cyl I was sold. The comfort, roominess and power are incredible. But the first thing I did was change out the factory goodyears 225/65r17 with michelin cross terrain 245's and the ride got even better. Highly recommend. Happy Highlander Owner.

Surprised
By John Biernat on 08/03/06 16:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have ever purchased. I bought it when fuel prices began to climb and I needed economical transport. I am surprised by the many innovative ideas and features I find every day when I drive it. The only suggestion I have so far is to improve the lumbar support of the seats as I have problems getting comfortable for long hauls. The features in my Limited belong on vehicles costing much more and I'm sure it will have the vaunted reliability Toyota is famous for. Looking forward to putting a lot of miles on it.

Realtor's Ride
By dottie macdonald on 08/01/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My second Highlander. No complaints from my clients on this car.

Best SUV value
By Barbara F on 08/01/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV late June after considering multiple sedans and other model SUVs. I test drove the Highlander and instantly fell in love with the drive and comfort. So far, gas mileage is OK (haven't really officially clocked city and highway) and the air conditioning system is great! (Cools the car within seconds.) Overall, this car is a great value for the money. The 4 cylinder engine has enough pep for both highway and city driving so I didn't see a need to purchase the V6 model.

Highlander is high on quality
By Bill D on 07/26/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Highlander 7 months and I still love it. We went on a long trip and averaged 28 mpg on open highway. This vehicle can tow a light trailer just as well as my Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD. This vehicle will last me a very long time.

Car to keep into retirement
By Barry on 07/24/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After Lexus and Infiniti sedans, I choose a Highlander to keep when I retire in 5 years. Roomy, comfortable, great for trips to Home Depot. Also carries bikes and scuba gear. Carries a lot yet handles much better than our Jeep. Love the GPS. Good audio, seats, and climate. Good layout and controls. Wish it got better gas mileage.

Best Value for the money
By Tom P on 07/15/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Not many 4 cyl SUVs drive and have the ride this one does. I get great gas mileage (25+) I also liked the feature that this suv is rated to tow a 3,000 lb trailer. I was impressed by that because most of the crossover suvs can only tow 1,000 lbs. The brakes could stop on a dime.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.