2006 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Quality goes a long way
By easyrider on 08/11/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the SUV new at the time this SUV was made in Japan 90%, 10% in the states. The trk {SUV} is good on gas especially with the K & N air filter I put in the air compartment, and get up an go power. More than any v-8. This SUV has 3.3 V6, people said was slow but with this air filter it acts like a race engine. I bought the 2 wd drive for towing my boat of 18' of which it pulls out of the water with a full tank. Mind you NO 4 WD drive. Actually would like a hybrid high. for future. Hybrids are a needed thing the way Gasoline is heading. Not 25 cent a gallon anymore.

Love this SUV
By Frank on 04/28/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2008 Highlander for this car and loved it the minute I sat in it. Toyota made a mistake making the 08 too big and bulky. The geometry of the earlier Highlander is perfect! Seat comfort, interior ergonomics, transmission, visibility, handling are all perfect. HVAC is not cool enough but this might be a repair issue. Other than that a perfect 10! Getting 21 MPG in mixed driving. Fine for me for a very responsive 6 Cylinder. I got the limited with leather for a great price. Plan to hold on to this car for many years.

Hesitation
By Linda on 05/17/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota, 2nd HL. 1st HL was a 2002 4cyl. Loved it so much that we decided to upgrade to a 2006 6 cyl Limited model. Boy what a mistake. It has no more power than the 4 cyl & the way it drives & shifts is such a disappointment. When I slow down it jerks like I missed a gear and then when you go to accelerate, there is such a hesitation that you don't know if it is going to go or just die. It really scares me when I'm in traffic. I've told the service dept about this for two years. 1st they said nothing was wrong, then they said it was a flaw in the chip & they had a new update that would fix that. That didn't work. Now they say it is normal & that that's the way it brain works.

Wonderful Car
By ToyLuv on 04/22/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It has been more than 2 years since we purchased this SUV and still totally happy with it. No problems to report to date and still runs just like it did when new. More refined and quieter than our previous Acura MDX. Not to mention a lot better on gas. It gets 22 mpg in mixed driving the Acura only got 16 mpg. Only thing I want more is the Lexus RX's styling, maybe in a few years I will trade it in, but for now still happily motoring even after 34k miles.

Great SUV
By Proud owner on 03/29/08 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for almost two years, haven't had anything go wrong (knock on wood!). My first Toyota, I tried the RAV and a Buick Rendevous. The RAV seemed a tad too small, the Buick my husband didn't like. The size is perfect for us--just two but two dogs, one large, one medium, can both fit in the back seat, have plenty of cargo space left in back. Haven't used the third seat but wanted in case of emergency. Would agree good only for children. Rides smooth, easy to drive as a car, but the better and higher visibility of an SUV. Overall very satisfied and figure this to be a 10 yr vehicle.

Great SUV
By Fred H on 11/21/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Toyota Highlander is the best vehicle we's ever owned. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and can haul heavy loads of gifts for our grandchildren. It seats seven and we love it.

Great
By ROBERT on 09/17/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I get better gas mileage than the sticker shows. 23.3 mpg in town, 27.1 on the road. I only have 1900 miles on it.

LOVE IT!!!
By Angel430 on 05/08/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the BEST car/SUV I have ever had. And, my husband gets new cars almost every year. This one is going to STAY. I have severe back problems, the back support in both driver and passenger are superb. I have little pain while either driving or riding. Every option: 6 disc changer, DVD w/headphones, sunroof, 3rd row seats, GPS, all are wonderful. I have NO complaints. This is a keeper. Thank you Toyota!!

Great Build Quality But...
By gettomedicss on 04/23/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It feels solid, secure and safe. I`m 6ft tall, the seats are too short and gives me no thigh support. I'm only getting 16-18 mpg with mostly highway miles and the cup holders are placed too far back.

Stinky
By Ken Steele on 02/24/06 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Highlander just before Christmas in 2005, We like the vehicle except for one big problem, The smell ! after driving a short distance we start smelling a burning oil smell and it has totally ruined that new car smell, It is so embarassing to take anyone with us, they think the car is on fire. Really plays havoc on the sinuses too, despite the dealer promising the stench will go away it continues to this day, we are very dis-appointed in this car, dealer says the smell is normal? and will eventually go away? Buyers should be forewarned of this problem before selling the car to un- suspecting buyers, we would never have bought this car if we had known it had this terrible smell.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.