2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Very nice vehicle

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota Highlander

Very nice vehicle
By Michael on

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I went with the FWD (didn’t think I needed AWD). I’m very happy with my purchase. The ride is comfortable and quiet, and while I may have been happy with the 4 cylinder I decided to go with the Limited V6 model (towing increase). The Highlander vs. Pilot decision was hard as both vehicles were neck and neck in areas I considered important (safety, reliability, and comfort - in that order). I believe there is better visibility in the Toyota. I also prefer the Highlander's "look" over the Pilot.

My wife likes the space for her purse under the center console. I like the stereo and my daughter likes the 10” DVD system. She can play her video games too, and with the wireless headset, she doesn’t bother the driver (me). We all enjoy the car-like ride/comfort on longer trips.

I am disappointed that side/curtain airbags are not standard. I could do without the third row seat. I would like duel comfort zones for the front. I like it cold while the family prefers to be toasty. I guess could put them in the 3rd row with their own heater!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review