2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: This car fits me fine!

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

This car fits me fine!
By DS on

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first SUV. I fought with the Camry; I'm tall & that car was too low and hard getting in and out. The Highlander just "fits" me. I love being above the sedans and eye-to-eye with SUVs. It is very comfortable to drive. I had some windows limo-tinted providing privacy and better interior temp in summer. Pump sticker shock, yes, but I watch the useful realtime mpg indicator to gauge how I'm driving. Drivers see you when you're coming and don't pull out in front of you as often. Opening rear windows w/o front open = weird noise and eardrum pressure. I plan to have this car 10 years or more, even with the gas prices.

Comfortable ride; lots of room for people and things; easy turning radius; realtime mpg indicator; front seat warmers; extra power outlet in front; auto-up front driver window; pockets on doors and behind seats; separate fold down middle seats; reliability; fit and finish. CD/tape/radio combo.

Acceleration lag should be fixed; more cup holders in front; heat shouldn't need AC to keep windows clear; back-up camera; optional luggage rack to improve gas mileage; fix that weird noise event when rear windows only are open; make paint less likely to chip.