2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: The good and the bad (in my op

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota Highlander

V6 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

The good and the bad (in my opinion)
By Michelle on

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A few reasons I decided on the Highlander: Consumer Reports ratings, need for lots of leg room for my 6'9" son, and I needed a larger vehicle than my Honda Civic to accomodate my 250 lb. dog. I really like the Highlander, except that the seats aren't deep enough. I'm 5'11" and have long legs. The edge of the seat hits me in the middle of my thighs. I didn't notice it during the test drive because I wasn't in the car long enough to notice it. I have an hour+ commute to and from work, and my legs become very uncomfortable. The third seat is useless. My 5-year- old niece might fit back there, but no full-size adult could ever fit there comfortably.

Love the extra outlet (can't think of what it's called) where you can plug in your cell phone charger in one and a radar detector in the other. Love how the second row seats lay almost perfectly flat. Smooth drive. Great pickup. Great gas milage for an SUV.

Deeper seats! Cup holders should hold cups/cans more snuggly. Don't bother with the third row seat. It's waaaaaay too small (and very difficult to get to) to be of any use. If someone absolutely needs the third row seat, they should probably just get a larger SUV.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review