2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Love this SUV much more than I

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

Love this SUV much more than I expected.
By RedbeardCE on

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This family of 5 is loving our 2005 Toyota Highlander. Definitely like the 3rd row seat, our 10 year old enjoys having his own place in the car, as do the 16 and 14 year olds like the middle seat with center arm rest. No more do I hear "will you stop touching me!" from the rear of the vehicle, everyone has plenty of room now. Having this as our family weekend vehicle, the wife and I look for excuses to park my Civic and her Altima and pack the kids in and go out to eat or visit GrandMa or just plain go for a Sunday drive. Looking forward to vacationing this summer and the local drive-in movie too. Does not get the mileage that either of the other two cars get, but the 20/25 split is not bad.

Very solid, smooth ride, very car like handling with the higher seating making it very nice to see what's around you. Interior is plush and quite elegant. The 5 speed automatic is fabulous...with tons of power from the V6 making this vehicle a fun and pleasureable experience. Price was great too.

Console cup holder should open up like the storage bin just behind it. The 3rd row seat, seatbelts are a tad difficult to undo when you want to tuck the seat for storage, you need to keep a small screw driver handy to release the clip or else you close it with the belts sticking out from the sides.