2005 Toyota Highlander 3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row Consumer Review - let it snow

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

let it snow
By robert on

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our Higlander for 7 mos and have had 0 issues. Love the solid handling, strong engine, and good breaking for it's weight. AWD + Traction control + stability control make it the best vehicle I have ever driven in snow. Even if I try in an empty parking lot, I can not get the back end to kick out. The Navigation system is easy to use and has been accurate 98% of the time. Interior is well designed and 2nd row seating is very comfortable on long trips. There are a few rattles which is dissapointing. My 02 Solara that I traded in had better interior quality and softer plastics.

Favorite Features

Handling in snow, lots of room, quite car like ride, firm steering, nav system let you find the nearest restaurant in less than 1 minute.

Suggested Improvements

Um.. not sure who the 3rd row seat was designed for? Stereo is a 7 out of 10- but if it gets too loud, you can start to hear the doors rattle. Interior build quality needs to be tighter... come on, Toyota. The sunroof control are like a game to operate.. is it open? is it closed? I'm not sure.