2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Highlander Limited AWD

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Highlander Limited AWD
By KR on

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded my 2004 base V6 Highlander for a new 2005 Limited V6 AWD. I am in Medical Sales (lots of miles last year) and the Highlander offers just the right size and capability for my needs. I am in the city a lot and parking can be difficult; I like that the Highlander can easily fit in standard parking spaces. While the exterior is sensibly sized, the interior room and comfort are excellent. I am 6'2" and am comfortable behind the wheel all day. The Highlander build quality, ride comfort/handling, and overall value are, in my opinion, the best in its segment.

Favorite Features

Favorite features include the ride comfort, sensible size, fuel economy, and superior Toyota build quality. I like the Limited features such as JBL audio (excellent), Auto headlamps, Power Dr & Pass Sts, Htd Seats & mirrors, and Auto dim mir. w/compass. This is an excellent, pleasure to own vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior is somewhat anonymous; updated Limited trim is a bit more distinctive, however. The front seat center armrests are too small and a memory function for the power driver's seat should be made available on the Limited models as it is on the Highlander's Lexus RX 330 cousin.