Great suv
By Room617 on
2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I have to say that this suv is very well built. It drives like a car and does well off road (not talking about mud bogging or serious off roading if you want that jeep wrangler or hummer h2 is for you). My friend a pipefitter who hates japanese cars said it was very quiet and this was when he was putting it to its paces off road when we were river rafting on the colorado. Toyotas do cost more but if you want a car that won't rattle and will be reliable for the long haul then toyota's highlander is your type of vehicle. Safety features are great and I have had the thing in hairy corners but it drove like a car hugging the road with minamal body lean.
Favorite Features
3.3 litre engine 220 bhp sounds throughty and acelleration is very car like. Great on camping trips - toss an air matress in back and snuggle up to your partner. I'm 6ft 2in had plenty of room even after drinking all day on the river woke up refreshed.
Suggested Improvements
Would like to see a version with high low range - maybe a crossover model and prices on this vehicle are steeper than others. A more modern consol for hvac would be nice and a little more leg room for those of us over six feet.