Used 2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

2005 Toyota Highlander
By Tex

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great pep and pick-up, good braking with 4 wheel discs. Good cross country car. Have not been back for any warranty service. Very reliable.

V-6.

3rd row seat too small.

Not what I expected from Toyota
By Marc

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

About the only things I like about my Highlander is the reliability and it drives pretty good for an SUV. Others hit themajor disappointments starting with the poor MPG about 17 summer & 14 winter. Tires were replaced at 21,000 miles. Transmission is jerky if you step on the gas and then let off. Paint does scratch very easy (just rubbing finger on paint). The best part is while getting an oil change at the same dealer it was purchased from (about 1 year old) I asked how much I could get for trade-in on a new Hybrid. After review (on my almost as good as new condition vehicle) they offered $12,400 less than what I paid one year previously. What a big disappointment.

3rd-row seats for small kids.

Better tires, paint quality. Improve the heated seats.

Good Car
By klauer

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car two years and it's been great. Only problem is I recently looked into selling it. It appraised for 13000 less than i bought it for only two years later. Believe it or not my Ford actually held it's value better than that. That's definitely not what i expected!

Great handling and nice sound system

The original tires only lasted 25000 miles. Depreciated faster than i expected.

Highlander Rocks!
By metuka22

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first new car that I purchased. I absolutely love it! I have never taken it to the dealership (other than service of course) and I do not have one complaint. I recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car. Enjoy it as much as I have so far.

Smooth ride, very comfortable, great look, gas efficient for this size vehicle.

None! Very satisfied.

Quality gone bye bye.
By sdcatoydriver05

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has had noises since it was bought. Brake muffler on master cylinder installed wrong, vibration on acceleration. Took 3 days to find problem. Recall on retainer clip for floor mats. Recently steering makes clicking and felt like parts are loose. Car went in twice and took 10 days to fix. Steering shaft had to be replaced it was defective. Rear doors rattle when car is warm. Two trips to find problem. This is the 5th toyota I have owned. Never had these type of things happen on the others. So much for toyota quality when put together.

Rides smooth, handles well.

Quality.