2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Sweet
By Happy on 01/28/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Rides very smooth and quiet for a SUV. Easy to get in and out of and easy to park. Great on gas. Comfortable inside. Great quality throughout. Excellent sound system. High quality interior. Every seam lines up. Excellent power. Handles well. Surprisingly roomy. The 3rd row is small but kids fit and I can easily get 7 people into the Highlander if need be. I like the sound system, the auxilliary heat controls for the rear and the 4WD does the job in snow. I looked around and this is the BEST midsized SUV available. And it is reasonably priced.

Excellent Ride
By jimgraz on 01/08/06 15:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a phenomenal automobile. I have never been this happy with a purchase, and it is even better since my wife and I had our first child. Great safety and comfort with tons of room. Perfect car for starting a young family. Also reduced our insurance premiums due to its safety features and record.

Great Buy!
By Paul on 01/03/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Researched SUVs extensively and picked this one b/c it drives like a car. The camry base makes it a much smoother ride than most SUVs. Gas mileage is great for SUV (better than our 2000 VW Jetta). Plus trunk area is great for moving large items (larger than Lexus RX 330). Two complaints: 1) Toyota does not give oil changes included in warranty and 2) What's with the 15 cup holders in the car?? You'd think camels designed interior. Maybe Toyota runs a sweat shop for their designers and all they could think about was water. So for the rare case you want to buy 15 Cokes (or Pepsis) in one sitting, you at least will have a place for all of them. Overall: Highly recommended.

Nice Ride
By Randy Cohrs on 12/28/05 20:08 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been really good, it drives like a car, has the power to get down the road with extra to go. It get's good Gas mileage, even at 80 and 90 M.P.H. on the hiway it will get 22 mpg. we have really enjoyed all the room it has and the power to pull it.

LOVE HIGHLANDER
By HIGHLANDER on 12/28/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Runs great and is very comfortable. Excellent handling on both wet and dry roads. I think the interior looks more expensive than the Lexus RX 330, with the total Limited options.

Save Yourself the Pain
By Kim on 12/23/05 05:24 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and when I drove it off of the lot it had a rattle in the steering wheel area. I thought it was not a big deal that they could fix it. I was so wrong! Over a year later and many trips to the dealership the problem still exists. Toyota reps said live with it. The transmission is awful and Toyota is aware of this problem. This was the first year with the new transmission and they have problems; The transmission can sometimes "drag" when you are trying to move forward which makes driving on I-95a lot of fun or it may take it upon itself to move forward when sitting with your foot on the brake. My air conditioner likes to blow warm air in the summer.

Luv It, Luv It, Luv It
By CactusKandy on 12/20/05 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been the best purchase in my 25 years of buying vehicles. Only 2 little things have gone wrong, the power window mechanism and the door gasket, and the dealer has bent over backwards to fix them. The vehicle gets good gas mileage for it's size, it's comfortable on a long trip and has a roomy interior. Toyota does it right!

Awesome vehicle
By Jeff on 12/16/05 10:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Rides like a car and extremely comfortable on trips. Wife drives it to work daily and loves it. No comparison and test drove a lot before settling on this. Like it a lot better than the 2 4Runners I owned before. Plenty of power and good gas mileage. All in all a great vehicle that I plan on keeping for a long time.

Good SUV
By frank on 12/01/05 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a Blazer then an Explorer that I traded in for this. Much better on gas then the Explorer, smoother ride not as truck like, more like a car. Went back to Toyota because of our experience with an Avalon which was trouble free for the three years we owned it.

It is GOOD!
By DJ on 11/30/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle! Could have left off the ashtray--no smoking in my vehicle! Great ride, very roomy and well designed.Would like to consider the Hybrid except for the big price difference--hard to make up that much even by saving on gas at $2gal. Would highly recommend the vehicle but as with all cars the purchase process is a pain.