Used 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

VERY Good
By Jenny

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my SUV in 2005. It has no problem at all. I read other consumer's comments about tires. My SUV did not replace tires until 56k miles. Right now it's 99k and haven't replaced 2nd tires yet. The condition is very good. Interior is very comfortable and spacious. I really love it so much.

VERY RELIABLE!!!

Very Pleased
By cpaman

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV used with 40,000 miles. I just returned from a 3500 mile trip through the Rockies and was very pleased with the performance in the mountains. So far, I have had no mechanical problems.

Strong engine, comfortable ride, spacious cargo area.

Driver leg room on the sides is crowded due to the center console.

Paint chiping off
By Mike

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The paint on the drivers side mirror is not only chipping away but you can actually see it bubbling. The car has less than 50K miles on it but the dealer will not repair or replace the mirror. I also have a 2000 Honda Accord 6 cyc. I looks and drives like it's brand new. And is has 111K miles on it with no major work whatsoever. Bottom line, stay away from Toyota. You will never go wrong with a Honda.

Fix your cheap paint!!!

Decent, solid, reliable Toyota
By James

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 4.5 years and have had no issues. Transmission shifting from 3rd to 4th is a bit "herky jerky" at times but the overall ride is extremely smooth. Plan on buying another one in 2-3 years. A solid buy.

Confidence
By handymanron

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having my driver's license since the 1960's, I grew up with 'The Big Three', and I always liked American made cars. But when the American automakers don't or won't give you a gas sipper when you ask for it, you look elsewhere. Since 2003 I have bought two new Toyotas and this, almost one year old with only 15,000 miles. I couldn't be happier. Following recommended maintenance schedules, I've not had one necessary repair or return to the dealership or local mechanic. They're well built so you can embark on any trip with a comforting sense of confidence that you'll reach your destination without a mechanical failure.

Great performance from the powerful V- 6, interior comfort in any seat, excellent crash test results, loos good, and good gas mileage. 19-23.

I can't think of anything about this vehicle I would change.