Used 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Good safe choice
By winston

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were comparing Honda Pilot and Highlander. Decided on Toyota because of finance deal and 6 disc changer that dealer put in and DVD system. Toyota is a little smaller than Pilot and does not ride as high, but makes it easier for my wife to get in the car. Drives very smoothly with good power curve when accelerating. Also has better gas mileage than Pilot. Interior is well laid out with features such as backset bottle holders and backseat is comfortable and reclines.

DVD system which is actually two separate units (one for each headrest).Comfortable seats. Smooth drive that handles bumps well.

6 CD changer control in awkward place behind gear shift. No AC vents for backseat

2000 MILE ROAD TEST
By KEVIN H

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I picked this vehicle up on a Friday the 17th of June for the start of our trip on Saturday the 18th of June 2005. From Saturday through Sunday the 26th of June I logged 2016 miles. This is not your fathers oldsmobile!!! We have owned 5 camrys and this would be our first SUV. This car ran flawless. It is suprising that after all the research I do on new vehichles, I keep coming back to Toyota. The craftsmanship is outstanding from layout to finish. I find this to be my safe haven. Quality.

Quiet refined ride. Felt very safe, a solid feel to this vehicle. Spacious cabin, controls easily adjustable. Ride was impressive on the main roads as it was on back roads. Seating was comfortable, except the drivers seat was too hard. Plenty of room for guests and luggage. Loved the sun roof.

Improve drivers seat, to firm.Improve JBL sound system to weak.Sun roof controls are a little confusing. Thats it. Overall a remarkable vehicle.

Love it
By Joan

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this SUV 4 weeks ago. I love it. It rides like a car and interior is roomy well equipped. I looked at all the mid size SUV's and this is the one I kept coming back to.

The smooth and enjoyable ride.

None that I can think of

2005 Highlander
By Steve Bucher

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After one year and 16,000 miles, our Highlander has been everything we expected. Great ride, good fuel economy, and excellent utility. No mechanical problems whatsoever.

Utility of seating up to seven, while still providing hauling capacity. Practical roof rack. Comfortable ride on long trips, not a truck.

Better tires. Standard tires are not particularly good in snow. Wear out quickly.

Super Mid-SUV
By Super SUV

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

WOW, the Highlander is an awesome vehicle: handles very well and very quiet. The drivers position and the dash layout are both done extremely well-everything is easily within reach, and the materials used feel "expensive-not cheap". In addition, the fit and finish is superb! The engine has a nice "growl" when pressed above 3000 rpm, and power is exceptional. Toyota has done a great job!

Extremely satisfying vehicle to drive on all kinds of road conditions and surfaces--very quiet with excellent power and braking performance. The JBL stereo performs very well. The auto-climate control works-set and forget! The driver is made to feel they are the focus of attention. Great vehicle!

The only nit-pick thing so far that I would have changed/added: the instrument panel is sometimes hard to see during certain times of the day, (especially when wearing sun glasses), need to have dash panel lights come on "automatically" when this condition occures; otherwise WELL DONE!