Used 2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

I LOVE MY HIGHLANDER
By L.B. Rawls

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Toyota Highlander for its functionality and cargo space, but find that it is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned, and while not sporty or flashy, it is comfortable beyond expectations, and at my age, that is very important! I wish the gas mileage was better, but you can't have everything!

I like the interior design for comfort and convenience (lots of cup holders) and the seats are very adjustable for all sizes of drivers.

One thing I don't like is that in order to get heated seats, a very nice feature, one must get the Limited package which has a lot of other stuff I don't really want, especially the third seat which I never expect to use, since I don't transport children and all my friends are over 3 feet tall.

Great SUV
By Dan

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned an Explorer, Tribute and Durango. The Highlander is by far the best of them all.The 4 cylinder gives a smooth ride and gas mileage.

Wife- Place to put purse Son- 3rd row seats me- comfort

A/C in rear

over all a very solid SUV
By sonny

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The SUV has so so interior, but overall the build is very solid, typical TOYOTA quality. I have also looked at Honda Pilot, although also a very solid SUV, the build quality did not seem to be as solid as the Highlander. My previous car was a 2001 IS300 and the Highlander, SUV class, is more comfortable and quiet. The JVC stereo is great and the control buttons on the steering wheel are easy to use, although I can reach the stereo with my right hand easily. The third row seats are meant for two kids or a 6’ tall person for a short trip. I longest trip I have done so far was a three hours (one-way) trip and I was not tired at all. If the gas price remain high, I may switch to Hybrid model.

2nd and 3rd row seats fold flat. great stereo.

I don't know why, but if the battery is disconnected, the sunroof needs to be reprogrammed. This could be inconvenient. Also, if you are wearing sunglasses with Polarized lens, you won’t be able to read the display on the stereo.

Toyota Highlander
By Bill Noble

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Toyota Highlander is probably the best ride I've ever owned, including 2 Camry's I've owned. It holds the road almost by itself and practically floats. I'm not as impressed with its interior design, or that most options cost more than with other makes. The 3 year warranty is adequate, because I've only had one problems with any Toyota I've had, which was the fuel pump on a Camry. Thanks for asking!

Very smooth ride, and excellent view of other cars.

My Highlander has very plain upholstery. I wanted cloth, because I find leather gets too hot in Florida. I owned a RAV4 for 4 years (before my Highlander) that had very attractive upholstery.

"My first Toyota..Oh what a delight"
By Jacksonville Bill

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm totally pleased with my 2005 Toyota Highlander, 2.4 four cylinder, Sonora Gold Pearl aka "Goldilocks or Goldie". She's just right! This vehicle does everything my 1994 Ford Aerostar van did and more. I can haul people, cargo and my dog "Blue" in relative comfort and it has four doors! The ride is so smooth and comfortable. I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. I have a daily commute of 40 miles round trip and the mileage I'm getting is remarkable and because of all the safety features my insurance rate only increased $5.00 a month. "Oh what a savings". I love my Toyota Highlander.."Oh what a delight".

I love the electronic stability system. Excellent on rain slick roads especially in Florida where we experience an occasional hurricane or two or three or... This is the safest vehicle I've ever owned.

None.