2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
The Best car you will own
By Dave on 12/03/04 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a few in my 50 years on the planet. This is undisputedly the finest. Tight, nimble, agile quiet as a mouse, superior build quality that shows! don't look any further if you are in the market for a crossover SUV. The looks are snazzy too! If you live in Washington state, buy from Rodland Toyota for a simple no hassle deal. I love this car! but then again, I love my 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner too! with 83K on it and never a problem and still gets 21 MPG! 3.4L V6. TOYOTA SIMPLY RULES!

Perfect for the Understated Person
By Citygirl on 12/01/04 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like my new Highlander. So far it has not given me any problems. It has the quality and comfort I have come to expect from Toyota (I've owned two Camrys). The best thing about the car is that I feel like it looks like my lifestyle and personality with lots of class and not too trendy. It doesn't scream "I have money" or "I need a status symbol to feel good" which suits me and my bank account just fine. Great value.

Glad I Bought It
By LynnDuck on 11/30/04 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We just put the first 1,400 miles on it on a trip to AZ. The pick up for passing was great. Ride is wonderful - very roomy. Just wish there were better cup holders in front like the back has. The interior color is very light - will have to get seat covers to hide the dirt. Color we have is "Ivory". Back seats fold down for lots of storage space.

The cross country vehicle
By poorfarm44 on 11/26/04 14:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car appears to be very well built. It replaced a Volvo V70 that did not hold up on a lot of potholed roads and washboard gravel roads. The Highlander combines adequate performance & driving comfort on freeways with the a good quiet road on rough roads. The fuel mileage is okay with a range from 19 to 23 mpg. The only maintenance cost is the first 13,000 are two oil changes.

Awesome
By surfsprek on 11/23/04 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It is awesome. Highly reccomend it. I wanted a low-emmissions car, but I was not allowed. I had to get an SUV. This SUV is perfect. Even if I didnt care about fuel economy, I would love it. But also, it has one of the best, if not the best, fuel economy of any SUV.

My Experience with The Toyata Highlander
By Ralphwinky on 11/17/04 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had planned to get another manufacturer's minivan when the rear fold down seats came out in April. I decided to take a look at the Highlander as it was highly rated. I test-drove one for several miles, and bought it on the spot. I felt that I had been driving it all my life (59 yrs. experience) and was completely comfortable with it. On numerous trips to the mountains of NC this past summer I was impressed with the flawless handling on a highway with several miles of tight switchbacks. I haven't had the first problem in nearly 12,000 miles. Items that I went in for help on, turned out to be procedural! This is the most satisfactory vehicle I have ever owned.

One Nice Ride
By MAXAMILLION on 11/17/04 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Nice Suv, Perfect for my wife and 2 children and hauling the team where ever I need to when asked 6cl is great nice power

Toyota Highlander
By dramaqueen on 11/15/04 21:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car. We compared with Lexus and Acura and chose the one with the most safety features, best reliability, most spacious back seat for the kids and most luxury for the money. Best car I've ever owned

05 Highlander
By TYT on 11/15/04 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just got ours. Very happy with the buying experience and the car. Drove both 2.4L and 3.3L. V6 definitely smoother. We don't have a use for the 3rd row (only child size) but might be useful for resale. Looked at Murano -- not as spacious, and X3 - overpriced for what you get for. 2nd hand market is also very good. A lot of demand not much supply.

Our Dream Car/SUV
By neilsal on 11/14/04 19:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched every suv out there for along time. I test drove the honda pilot, to big behind the wheel. The highlander drove and felt the best. I purchased the 4cly 4X4 and let me tell you it can move! I was worried about power with the 4cly but not no more. Wow and the gas mileage has been great. My wife whom was a bit nervous at the thought of an suv couldn't believe the ride. It handles like a car. She is in LOVE with it! The toyota dealer was the best. He has called us a few times after the purchase to see how it's going. My kids love it, the room in the back. The star safety system works great. Traction and braking are unbelivable. Thanks Toyota!