Used 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Toyota as usual
By J James

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, plently of power, 3rd row seat is almost a waste. Usual Toyota great build quality

Favorite Features

Great A/C and Audio System

Suggested Improvements

Should have doors locks that lock when the vehicle starts to move.

good vehicle
By S bush

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

had a problem with drivers armrest upon delivery, also had rubber around door come loose within 1st tank of gas. Drives well with full load of passengers.

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

softer seats

I LOVE MY HIGHLANDER
By L.B. Rawls

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Toyota Highlander for its functionality and cargo space, but find that it is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned, and while not sporty or flashy, it is comfortable beyond expectations, and at my age, that is very important! I wish the gas mileage was better, but you can't have everything!

Favorite Features

I like the interior design for comfort and convenience (lots of cup holders) and the seats are very adjustable for all sizes of drivers.

Suggested Improvements

One thing I don't like is that in order to get heated seats, a very nice feature, one must get the Limited package which has a lot of other stuff I don't really want, especially the third seat which I never expect to use, since I don't transport children and all my friends are over 3 feet tall.

Great SUV
By Dan

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned an Explorer, Tribute and Durango. The Highlander is by far the best of them all.The 4 cylinder gives a smooth ride and gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Wife- Place to put purse Son- 3rd row seats me- comfort

Suggested Improvements

A/C in rear

over all a very solid SUV
By sonny

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The SUV has so so interior, but overall the build is very solid, typical TOYOTA quality. I have also looked at Honda Pilot, although also a very solid SUV, the build quality did not seem to be as solid as the Highlander. My previous car was a 2001 IS300 and the Highlander, SUV class, is more comfortable and quiet. The JVC stereo is great and the control buttons on the steering wheel are easy to use, although I can reach the stereo with my right hand easily. The third row seats are meant for two kids or a 6’ tall person for a short trip. I longest trip I have done so far was a three hours (one-way) trip and I was not tired at all. If the gas price remain high, I may switch to Hybrid model.

Favorite Features

2nd and 3rd row seats fold flat. great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know why, but if the battery is disconnected, the sunroof needs to be reprogrammed. This could be inconvenient. Also, if you are wearing sunglasses with Polarized lens, you won’t be able to read the display on the stereo.