Used 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

high on my highlander
By Susannah

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. I got the Limited, with the 3rd row optional seating. It's a peach going up I5 on the Grapevine in LA. It handles great, has great rear and side visibility, unlike some other SUVs. I wish the gas mileage was better though...

Favorite Features

everything's within easy reach for the driver. Lots of room for passengers and stuff, without feeling crowded. Like the way the 3rd row has cup holders and heat

Suggested Improvements

I'm tall and the seat feels a little short for my legs (thighs), but with all the many automatic ways to adjust the seat, it's good! I would like a bigger wastebasket, the little ashtray space or whatever, is too small.

Highlander Heaven
By nancrosy

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my Highlander. I initially bought this because of its safety ratings and the side curtain airbags. It handles well in the Buffalo snow and ice, which is much to its credit. The seats and legroom are generous enough for my two 6 foot-plus teenagers. The ride is smooth and quiet. It requires only routine maintenance and is very reliable.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats in the winter and the 6-CD changer. As another reviewer mentioned, its much like driving from your most comfortable chair, very important when you drive as many miles as I do.

Suggested Improvements

The airflow problem when only the back windows are open, it sounds like a helicopter has descended on the roof. (However, I had the same problem in the Ford that I owned.) The CD player should be able to play for an hour after the engine is shut off. (Available on a Ford.)

Great Vehicle!
By Tom Negri

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fun and Easy to drive, Great Pick-up, very smooth ride.

Favorite Features

Heated seats are good and I thought I would never use them. In addition the sound system is easy to use and performs rather well.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time as it has the options I requested and handles better then I thought possible.

Best Car I ever owned
By erin, MD

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just love driving my Highlander. It is such a smooth ride. The air conditioning comes on instantly even on really hot days. The interior is really nice and neatly organized. My only complaint is the gas light comes on early; before it even touches 'E'.

Favorite Features

tinted windows, air conditioning, power everything

Suggested Improvements

Gas light. More cup holders in the front. (There are six unneccessary cup holders in the back!)

The Greatest
By Lee

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Rides like a dream and handles as well. Much more comfortable than the Mercedes M-class that I owned. Will always buy a Toyota!

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see the odomoter better during the daytime.