2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
My Highlander
By Amelia Bravo on 01/05/05 21:37 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The performance of this car is great the way it handles and over all a good experience and confort fun and economic, I recomend it I've driven one the past 4 years so I know.

I love it this much
By Lea on 01/05/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the best vehicles I have ever had. It has all the right ingredients to make it a fun and eazy to maneuver sport vehicle. An SUV that also provides a hint of luxury. It has plush interior and slick external curves. With over 200 HP it still yields great gas mileage at up to 30 miles per gallon on the freeway. I have easily towed 3000 pounds. Mechanically the vehicle is sound I have not had one single problem. It has gotten me through 2 feet of snow, black ice, and a hurricane. Through all that it has always kept me and my family safe. I love the vehicle so much that when we go to purchase another vehicle it will be a HIGHLANDER.

We love it!
By Speechy mom on 01/02/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Highlander for 10 months and I love it more and more as time goes by. The engine is whisper quiet, the seats are very comfortable and the gas mileage is much higher than I ever expected. The third row seat pops up easily.

I love my Highlander!
By Kris on 01/02/05 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Highlander. It has the size of an SUV but drives and handles like a car. It is very comfortable. Much more comfortable than my husband's Mercedes M-350!

Excellent vehicle for women
By Cheryl on 01/01/05 10:03 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Though less macho-looking than the 4- Runner and others like it, this vehicle has a sleek appearance, gives consistently solid performance, and has excellent safety features. It's the perfect car for a woman seeking the advantages of an SUV in terms of cargo space and safety on busy roads. With both sets of rear seats folded away, I can carry my bicycle, dog kennel with dog, and luggage. On the two road trips I've taken so far, my Toyota has performed well and offers a quiet, solid ride. It is responsive in heavy traffic on city streets as well as on the open highway . I researched cars for two months before deciding on the Highlander Limited, and I've not regretted my decision at all.

Enjoyable to drive, good price
By Greg on 12/27/04 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at several vehicles, and test driving them, we felt this was the most vehicle for our money. The closest one we considered was the Saturn Vue. After driving the Highlander though there was really no comparison. The Vue was junk! Like the first review stated, a baby seat in the center of the second row is very difficult to get in tight! Does not fit well!

same as the lexus 330 but 10k cheaper
By CTTC on 12/11/04 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We drove Suburbans, Tahoes and Explorers for years and finally scaled down to a "crossover". The Highlander and Lexus 330 specs are identical. The 330 has an automatic tail gate closer and a few other frills and is $10k more expensive. The Highlander is remarkable and handles beautifully. When we need a little extra room we added a roof bubble and that made up for the lower storage capacity. Get it loaded with leather etc. and you won't be sorry forget the Tahoe and Explorer They won't handle like the Highlander

2005 Toyota Highlander EXCELLENT!
By Cindy Duncan on 12/08/04 12:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

highway and city driving on a dime and superb handling, comfort (the seats are ergonmically correct and adjust for the back!). plenty of room in back of SUV (for a medium sized SUV) to put the seats down and allow for my 55 pound border collie and dog ramp. still plenty of room for storage for other things. lots of power for a V6 but drives with the ease and comport of car, NOT truck, given it is a 4WD SUV. VERY EASY to put the seats up and down in the back. EXTREMELY EASY to use things like the heating system. in fact, temperature control inside is phenomenal. plently of leg room in front and back seats when the seats are up. starts right up and totally reliable in every way!

Love My Highlander
By T. Ryan on 12/07/04 21:53 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Highlander 3 months and still love getting behind the wheel as if it were a new car. Handles very well ,love the luxury features inside.Stereo, moon roof, and comfort of the seats. Love that you don't have to climb up or get down getting into it, just slide in and out.Very quiet ride ,as good or better than my Avalon was.

The Best car you will own
By Dave on 12/03/04 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a few in my 50 years on the planet. This is undisputedly the finest. Tight, nimble, agile quiet as a mouse, superior build quality that shows! don't look any further if you are in the market for a crossover SUV. The looks are snazzy too! If you live in Washington state, buy from Rodland Toyota for a simple no hassle deal. I love this car! but then again, I love my 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner too! with 83K on it and never a problem and still gets 21 MPG! 3.4L V6. TOYOTA SIMPLY RULES!