2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
LOVE MY CAR!!!
By TRDFAN on 02/12/05 08:35 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ther's only 2 items that could be better. The drivers seat is a bit narrow, and there is more wind noise than I would orfer inside the vehicle. Other than that it's almost perfect!!

Smooth ride, excellent fuel economy
By topcat on 02/08/05 11:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota made this one right! A luxury car-like ride with the security of AWD. Excellent fuel economy. (almost twice what our 2000 Pathfinder got!) Very quiet interior, unlike most other SUV's.

It a complete lemon
By "Lemon" on 02/05/05 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our Lexus RX300 was stolen from us and we had tofind a reliable vehicle fast. We were planing on getting another Lexus but we were paying off a house. So we got the "cheaper cousin" instead. We test drove it and it was fine. Once we got it, it was horrible. There is no acceleration on thr V6 and it is a bumpy ride. Sound system is horrible. We test drove the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and we saw it at the dealer and it was very beautiful. We immediatly traded it and it is an awesome vehicle. It feels like a BMX, Lexus, and Land Rover combined into one incredible "Useful Vehicle" The Highlander is horrible and i cant believe Lexus parent Toyota makes such refined vehicles but Toyota is garbage.

Love It
By tbone1 on 02/04/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my Toyota Avalon and purchased the Toyota Highlander. I gave up an extremely great car as I needed a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I have found the Highlander to be a smooth riding, functional vehicle. It drives like my Avalon and turns on a dime! I purchased the Limited Edition and love it. The only thing wrong is when put in gear, the doors do not lock. The Service Department said there is no way to correct this. I was very disappointed as I like this feature. I also miss the date being displayed, but feel I will learn to get over that. Overall, my husband and I love this SUV.

Highlander
By Strider on 01/29/05 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a comfortable, quiet and fun to drive SUV. After 3 years with a Ford Escape I felt battered and worn out. The Highlander is easy to drive, efficient and yet fun to drive for an SUV. The highlander has very comfortable seats that accommodate a variety of body shapes. Finally, this SUV feels safe and substantial. It feels like you can safely take your children or grandchildren wherever you need to go. All this and 19-21 MPG. I'm very happy with my Highlander.

High on my Highlander
By Dave C on 01/23/05 22:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited about 6 weeks ago. FOr the first week the only word I used to describe it was "smooth". Now that I've gotten used to that I also am pretty happy with the 22 MPG I'm getting overall, the comfort of the leather seats and the easy-to-use instrumentation. The automatic climate control is nice too. I live in Vermont and was concerned about the basic tires but so far the electronic control systems have kept the wheels from spinning. But it still slides on ice just like any other car. I had a Ford Explorer before and got 200,000 miles out of it but the resale value of the Toyotas made me switch. The Highlander Limited fits me like a glove!

highlander '05
By Paul Compratt on 01/17/05 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just got back from Lake Tahoe and one of the heaviest snowfalls in decades. The vehicle handled like a dream never slipping on the packed snow and icy pavement.

Comfortable and reliable
By Dean on 01/15/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2004 model is 4 cyl. but perfectly adequate for driving in the hilly country we live in and good in the snow. It is very comfortable with solid construction that feels much less tinny than our (previous) Honda CRV and more comfortable and quieter than our Subarus. It is easy to drive, handles well, has decent gas mileage for an SUV. We have had it almost a year and have about 10,000 miles on it and have had no problems at all, also unlike the Honda which had a series of small problems and malfunctions (like key chimes which were fixed over and over again). We would rate it a perfect 10 except for one thing: the body seems pretty easily dented and scratched.

Great Vehicle to Own
By Charlie on 01/11/05 12:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way the Vehicle rides. Since it has the same body style and car frame as a Lexus RX 330. I felt the price sold it.

Love it
By Donna Holmes on 01/06/05 21:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Efficient, effective, and fun to drive. Lots of power.