2005 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Decent, solid, reliable Toyota
By James on 06/27/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 4.5 years and have had no issues. Transmission shifting from 3rd to 4th is a bit "herky jerky" at times but the overall ride is extremely smooth. Plan on buying another one in 2-3 years. A solid buy.

Confidence
By handymanron on 04/25/09 23:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having my driver's license since the 1960's, I grew up with 'The Big Three', and I always liked American made cars. But when the American automakers don't or won't give you a gas sipper when you ask for it, you look elsewhere. Since 2003 I have bought two new Toyotas and this, almost one year old with only 15,000 miles. I couldn't be happier. Following recommended maintenance schedules, I've not had one necessary repair or return to the dealership or local mechanic. They're well built so you can embark on any trip with a comforting sense of confidence that you'll reach your destination without a mechanical failure.

2005 Toyota Highlander
By Tex on 10/18/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great pep and pick-up, good braking with 4 wheel discs. Good cross country car. Have not been back for any warranty service. Very reliable.

Good Car
By klauer on 04/13/07 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car two years and it's been great. Only problem is I recently looked into selling it. It appraised for 13000 less than i bought it for only two years later. Believe it or not my Ford actually held it's value better than that. That's definitely not what i expected!

Highlander Rocks!
By metuka22 on 03/06/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first new car that I purchased. I absolutely love it! I have never taken it to the dealership (other than service of course) and I do not have one complaint. I recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase a new or used car. Enjoy it as much as I have so far.

Quality gone bye bye.
By sdcatoydriver05 on 01/28/07 09:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has had noises since it was bought. Brake muffler on master cylinder installed wrong, vibration on acceleration. Took 3 days to find problem. Recall on retainer clip for floor mats. Recently steering makes clicking and felt like parts are loose. Car went in twice and took 10 days to fix. Steering shaft had to be replaced it was defective. Rear doors rattle when car is warm. Two trips to find problem. This is the 5th toyota I have owned. Never had these type of things happen on the others. So much for toyota quality when put together.

What is Missing
By Stuart Goldfine on 06/22/06 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Wish the car had a temperature gauge for outside temp. Also another cup holder on left side of steering wheel. Also with the cloth seats on the V-6, you do not get a CD player holding 6 discs.

No Value
By jeff_marl2000 on 04/26/06 04:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car starts and drives dependably. The ride is smooth and quiet. The power is plenty with the V6 engine. Not much value for the price. A $28,000 car should have chromatic rearview mirror, MUCH better sound system, a computer that tells if your oil, transmission, fluids are ok and gas mileage etc. It should have an outside temperature indicator, and punch buttons on the door if you lock your keys inside. Driving experience is dull (as with all Toyotas). The gas mileage hovers around 16 miles to the gallon. My Explorer gets 19 in town. It's supposed to have trailer prewiring, but it does not. It is an EXTRA cost. I see no value in this car. It is worth about $20,000.

It's on the name
By Jorge on 03/18/06 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Feel good when driving and it feels safe also I feel lot better when I know my wife and my little girl are safer when they are driving.

2005 v64wd highlander
By anna on 03/03/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my highlander after considering size, saftey, gas milage,and reliability as compared to other suv's. The size is perfect for me-not too big, not too small. There is plenty of room for hauling-took 2 kids to college in it. It's very nice to drive, but the transmission is sluggish when starting out. Also, I previously had an explorer, and the seats in it were much more comfortable. It's a pleasure to drive- it's very quiet and smooth-sort of like gliding through the air! It handles very well around bends etc, and is easy even for me to park!