Used 2005 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Highlander

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Best family car ever owned!
By blakecman

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2005 Toyota Highlander is great, it is easy to get 25 miles to the gallon, and it is more socially appropriate considering my kid is going to high school compared to any minivan. Has over 100,000 miles on the odo and has the same comfort as my family friends' Lexus RX! Personally am going to buy the newer hybrid version due to huge numbr of miles on car.

Favorite Features

GPS Navigation Auxillary Audio Input JBL audio 7 seats AWD w/ 4 cylinder

Age is only a number
By luvtoyota10

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe this car is 9 years old! It drives as if it was brand new. This is my grandmother's vehicle and it only has 76k miles on it. It handles so nice compared to my 2013 Toyota Highlander. It has hydraulic power steering, not electric, so it has good steering feel with a decent weight. It also corners spectacularly due to it's lower ride height. The V6 is just fine for the size. The interior could be roomier. I'm over 6' so the front seat is a little cramped. But, it has great cargo versatility, came in handy when I moved. I couldn't lower all of my 2013's seats due to a seat lever malfunction that I'm getting fixed. This Highlander, is an amazing car. Had it for 6 years.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, handling, reliability, low cost to own, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

More interior room. Paint quality.

Value for Money
By amithw

2005 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 169K miles on my toyota. Still rounds great. Only change oil and filters, belts. I get 21city and 24hwy MPG. Great car very reliable. Use good tires and the ride is even smoother. Only defect I see is some clanking noise coming from front suspension. No mechanic could fix it. So I drive with it,

Favorite Features

Body style and design

8+ years and 111,000 miles and keeps on going
By dreamer123890

2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just love my 2005 Highlander. So much so that we cant seem to find a reason to replace it. I bought it used in 2006 with 20k miles and have added 90k+ miles. Getting an average of 25 on highway and about 20 in the city for a v6 is terrific. I have so many memories in this car - we have done lots of roadtrips. Besides the standard 90k maintenance to replace the belts, pump etc. and regular 5k mile maintenance, i have had 1 issue - the fuel cap needed replacing at 108k miles. I guess we will wait another 2 years and then replace it around 150k with either a Lexus Rx or another highlander!

Favorite Features

reliability, efficiency, comfort, space, features

Suggested Improvements

acceleration is a little jerky, third row seating and access is not convenient

Faithful,Reliable, and Powerful
By luvtoyota10

2005 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This highlander is my grandmother's i own a toyota venza she got this car before I got my venza, that was when I had a 2000 Toyota 4runner and This car was perfect for her. It has a nice ride, I loved the sterring feel, and it is roomy. I drove this car down to Indianapolis and it was great only thing wrong was the wind noise. Overall, This is a fine Crossover.

Favorite Features

Roomyness, Gas Mileage, ECT Snow button, Sunroof, and roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Road & Wind noise. Paint quality.