2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Still hard to beat after 7 yea

2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Still hard to beat after 7 years and nearly 100,000 miles
By bbimmer7 on

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I received my '04 Highlander in 2010 from my mother when she purchased her new BMW X3. It was a great family car when it was hers and now it is a great first car for a teenage driver. Although it was a rather expensive car when bought new back in 12/2003, reliability has been excellent over the past 7 years, and very little money has had to have been put into it. Interior comfort and fit & finish quality are excellent. Exterior styling is a bit too boring for my tastes. Overall, I'm really happy with my Highlander. It's a solid vehicle with so many great features, and it's a great first car!

I love the supportive perforated leather seats, heated seats, JBL sound system, automatic climate controls, woodgrain/brushed aluminum interior trim, cd changer, moonroof, 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, all wheel drive, and 5-speed auto. The Highlander is great on comfort and visibility is exceptional for such a large vehicle. Acceleration is decent for an SUV.

The V6 should have more power. The exterior styling, although attractive, is way too boring Fuel economy could be better, but I guess it's not awful for an AWD mid-size SUV. The heated front seats only have one low setting that doesn't do much; they should have at least 2 levels.