2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: 2004 Toyota Highlander

2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2004 Toyota Highlander
By Desarae on

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! I keep up with the recommended maintenance and have NEVER had a problem. The oxygen sensor had to be replaced but that was covered under the warranty. At 73,000 miles, I am still running the original tires (with every other oil change rotation). Sometimes after a check-up, the tire pressure sensor light comes on (on the dashboard) and has to be reset. This usually only happens when the tires are rotated. My Highlander is a Katrina survivor. It survived 4 feet of water (NONE in the engine or interior) and a 30 foot pine tree ($8,000 in damage). We have been considering adding a Hybrid to the family.

Favorite Features

No blind spots! Cupholders EVERYWHERE! Cargo space!! Highlanders (Toyotas, in general) hold their value (even with miles galore)! I am a BIG girl and fit comfortably behind the wheel and buckle in with ease.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the tire pressure sensor light! It's way too sensitive. And the ivory interior... IVORY?!? Don't get in this baby sweaty and dirty! Move the extra cigarette lighter from the floorboard (in the umbrella compartment) up onto the console near the other one. Rear wiper inserts are $20!!