2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
2004 Highlander
By Billy on 06/15/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned Porsches, Alfas, and about 35 American vehicles. The Highlander with stability control is the best overall vehicle I have owned and driven. A quality vehicle from the paint job to the excellent performing V-6 and automatic transmission.

Buy the limited
By John on 04/09/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. The Limited has comfy, heated leather seats, and they heat up fast. Heated mirrors. The sun roof is nice, and wind noise through it is actually worse at slower speeds. Go figure. It seems a little worse than some vehicles at that head crushing in-and-out pressure effect when just the rear windows are open. It's worse with just one rear window open. The all-wheel- drive and electronically controlled traction are a huge plus in winter. Power seat adjustments are very nice, but it's a little hard to get to the controls with the doors closed. Lumbar support actually does the job. On-wheel radio controls are intuitive while controlling different functions for radio and CD.

Too many issues
By mm on 01/21/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Good: ride, airbags, tether, handling. Bad: quality (started rattling at 20000 miles), warranty repair, failing steering column at 31000 miles in non-demanding driving conditions (mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain). Very dissapointing experience with my 3rd Toyota.

Quality and reliability
By dudek6092 on 12/08/07 07:37 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Solid quality car with a great view of the road. Back to the dealer only for upgrades or recalls. Original tires lasted 19000 miles, replaced with Bridgestone. Exterior remains in excellent condition looks like new.

Great car!
By Annie on 11/04/07 16:15 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car- SUV! I have had no porblems at all with 50,000 miles so far. Great storage, love the third seat option, and great visibility. I once had a "neck problem" and most SUVs were too "trucky"- not the Highlander- drives like a real car. Great in the snow! The only little annoying thing is that the tire pressure sensor light comes on (on the dashboard) and has to be reset frequently.

You can depend on this one.
By ED on 09/30/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I always buy Toyota because of the reliability and quality. This is no exception. Yes the ride is a little uncomfortable, and the tranny does feel awkward in certain situations, but so far this car has not given me any problems not one, it had a minor recall issue but Toyota took care of it at no charge; some sensor needed to be replaced. I would recommend this SUV to anyone who needs security to move around on a day to day basis.

Reliable SUV
By Emile Mailloux on 05/09/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a highlander for safety features and AWD to drive with the grandkids. Met all expectations and more. In over 3 years had no problems.

2004 Toyota Highlander
By Desarae on 02/07/07 22:08 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! I keep up with the recommended maintenance and have NEVER had a problem. The oxygen sensor had to be replaced but that was covered under the warranty. At 73,000 miles, I am still running the original tires (with every other oil change rotation). Sometimes after a check-up, the tire pressure sensor light comes on (on the dashboard) and has to be reset. This usually only happens when the tires are rotated. My Highlander is a Katrina survivor. It survived 4 feet of water (NONE in the engine or interior) and a 30 foot pine tree ($8,000 in damage). We have been considering adding a Hybrid to the family.

Cincinnati
By kw on 01/04/07 14:49 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Confortable for short and tall.

Great Little SUV
By Buckey on 09/19/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

WE use this for long trips some times in snow country. Its comfortable to drive and has a positive feel on the road. Lots of places to store gear etc. I wish the rear seat would lay flat when down and a little chrome on the grillwork would perk it up. I can't believe I'm driving a 4 cyl. (except at the gas pump) its great. I use it for hunting and pull a loaded trailer with ATV and lots of gear and hardly know its there. The getting in and out height is just right (I'm no spring chicken} the rear loading height is great too. Ride and handling is good also.