2004 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Just Plain Happy
By Jenn_d_whist on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not much to it -- just plain happy with this SUV. Runs well, is comfy, nice inside, not a huge thing.

After testing many others...
By christineb on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Highlander! I own my own business and could have gotten a big writeoff with a heavier SUV, but my conscious wouldn't allow me to buy a gas guzzler on the taxpayers bill. I took home and drove many SUV's, some over a weekend. The Pilot was so generic and bland inside, and the driving experience was blah, the Envoy was classy but a gas guzzler. No other SUV's in the low 30's are as well rounded as the Highlander. It's such a well made truck. I used to have a $50k GMC Envoy and this is as plush as that, but better in many other areas. This is my first Japanese car, and I think I'll stick with Toyotas from now on...

Better than a Sienna
By altztiffany on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We briefly had a Sienna, which had factory defects. We traded over to the Highlander and are very happy with it! For a small family and a dog, it is just perfect. We don't need the huge interior of the Sienna, and like the sporty interior of the Highlander with the new fabric seats. It is a sturdy car that feels solid, but still has plenty of pickup. A perfect vehicle for both city and country driving.

2004 highlander limited
By E Anstaett on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

WE have only had it one month, but so far we have been very pleased. The kids love it and love riding in the third row seat. The only problem I have had was figuring out how to get the gas cap off (which I have now mastered).

Great Buy
By Dave 2 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '04 Highlander about six weeks ago - my first Toyota. So far it has proven to be everything I was told. I bought the "base model" with a few options and got a GREAT deal. Given the current price of gas, I opted for the 4 cyl. and I am getting 26 mpg on the highway. The ride and acceleration is smooth and comfortable. So far a great car!

Love this car
By kaley on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I have owned in years

Toyota Higlander - best of 48 SUV's
By Larry's on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent cornering and car-like diveability. Great emmergency speed and MPG.

BEST THING I EVER DID!!!!!!!!!
By ROBERT NORTON on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

THE HIGHLANDER IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST COMFORTABLE AND QUITE RIDING CARS. A FRIEND OF MINE THAT RODE IN IT SHORTLY AFTER I GOT IT SAID THIS CAR DOESN'T DRIVE DOWN THE ROAD IT FLOATS DOWN THE ROAD. ALL THE CONTROLS ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU WOULD WANT THEM. YOU REACH FOR THEM AND YOUR HAND IS ON THEM.ITS ALSO A GREAT LOOKING SUV INSIDE AND OUT. PLENTY OF CARGO ROOM ESPECIALLY WITH THE BACK SEAT FOLDED DOWN. AND YOU HAVE TOYOTA'S RELIABILITY AND REPUTATION.

Highlander/2003
By Patricia A. Vitela on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We graduated from a Toyota Limited 4Runner to the Highlander last month. The ride is smooth, the seating is comfortable, the look of the auto is handsome and classy. We love it! Our 98 4Runner drove and felt like a truck and it was good for these country dirt roads. But now we are in for comfort.

my 2003 toyota highlander
By melvin daniels on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle is very fun to drive. It has good pick up and drive like a deram.