2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
lst time owner
By WIDOWXTWO on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love this SUV, have had a Blazer and an Explorer in the past, this has the best of the two, plus decent gas milage. Do not do off the road driving, but do use the cargo space frequently. The gas milage is not as good in the city, but is great for the highway. Would buy another one tomorrow!

i lovr my car
By realtormom on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car. I bought the Limited Edition with Leather and sunroof.... it rides beautifully and the seats are comfortable. Comfort in the rear seats is quite important to me as I am a realtor and frequently drive adult passengers who must sit in the back seat.

It's a Great SUV!
By Lizz on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV was a great alternative to the more expensive Lexus 3000X model. This SUV is very dependable and is a comfortable drive for lengthy distances.

highlander 2004
By kdesai on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new 2004 highlander. works fine. only 1200 miles on it so can not write more.

Toyota has done it again!
By Lucky 765 on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Highlander has an excellent ride and is also comfortable. Interior is well laid out and easy to use. It is full of safety features and fuel economy is good for this type of vehicle. Easy to get in and out of and as usual quality shows everywhere.

Great car
By Emma on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Buick for 11yrs, my Highlander has been a real joy. It handle great and gets wonderful gas milage

2400 miles after purchase
By gunner12 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Taught chasis and suspension. No rattles or creaks. Engine 3.3L has lots of torque, tons better than that whirring 3.0L of old model, nice grunting rumble under load. Smooth tranny. Responsive steering, breaking action is a bit slow to catch, could scare you when pedal pressures are low, won't stop quite as nimbly as you might expect.

Everything & More-SOLD!!!!!!!!
By DJStephen on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped around and tested everything from Nissan to Honda to American makes and settled on the Highlander.Took almost 8 weeks,5 cities & countless phone conversations but it was all worth it. It rides so smooth you'll think you're in a mid size/luxuary car. Blazer felt like a truck and the X- Terra really felt like you were off the road all the time. Drove both 4 cyl. and 6 cyl engines and settled on 6 just for pure pickup getting into traffic Sharp car,from color to performance.Wide seats,even in the back,according to my passengers.So far gas has been fine(18-19 around town...20 on the trips).. Won't get another new car review from me for 12- 14 years...

Highlander 2X
By pbenke on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Simply terrific...in all regards.

Toyota Highlander Owner
By Lmn1996 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I shopped for 6 months before I made my decision on the Hilander. I am a girl Scout leaer and I camp a lot wth my girls and my family and I absolutely loves this vehical. I find it very reliable, easy to drice, and safety is the number 1 factor whay I purchased this SUV. I would recommend it to any one who wants luxury performance with out a luxury price.