Used 2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

2004 Highlander Review
By JLipka

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle because I have a rather large family. I wanted something bigger than what I was already driving. This was exactly what I was looking for. The optional 3rd row seating works great for us. I unfold it when not in use. The CD/radio that came with the Highlander sounds great. I did test drive some other makes and models of SUV's. The Toyota Highlander was the one that I enjoyed driving the most. I like that seats in the 2nd and 3rd row are able to move forward and backwards. With the 3rd row seats folded down there is ample amount of cargo space. The gas mileage is excellent for this SUV. I opted for the 4 cyl. engine.

I love the extra features on the tires. They have a "dummy proof" way of telling you it's not safe to drive your car. Simply if the color on the stems are red, do not drive your vehicle. It handles excellent. It has a smooth ride over bumps. The size for the price paid was excellent.

I would suggest putting an A/C vent in the 3rd row seating area to go with the heat it has back there. The interior could use some improvements. It seems too light in color when you have children. The storage area under the shifter needs to be more easily accessible.

Love My Highlander
By Ama Lyons

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander drives like a car, gets fairly good gas milage. I love the easy loading and unloading of grocery, etc. I thought I wanted a SUV for my next new car. I checked out the Jeep, Chevrolet, Honda, Ford SUV's. Loved the style, ease of driving the Highlander. I added running boards, as I am short. I just love it, it is fun to drive and couldn't be more pleased.

I love everything about it, the ease of loading and unloading, comfort, style.

Test of Time Prevails!
By HilndrFan

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I lied- I actually have an '02 AWD 3L 6cyl model (purchased 11/01). The last 2 1/2 yrs in it have been WONDERFUL! No problems, and still as smooth & quiet as ever. Best vehicle I've ever had! Passengers can't believe it's not new, as it still rides like one. Drives fantastic in the Colorado winters.

Drives like a car, responsive, and quick acceleration. Not too high to "climb" into (skirt factor). Attractive styling & feels luxurious!

I wish I had installed a bug guard when brand new, now with many paint chips on the hood. Save your paint job & get a bug guard! Otherwise, no improvements!

highlander review
By bill bortz

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

great vehicle all arouind!!!

easy of handling - veryt tight

Awesome Vehicle!!!
By nshaw

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a two weeks that I've this Toyota. Can't say how much happy I'm with it. Had to decide between Van and SUV. I'm glad I chose Highlander.Gives same city milege my v6 Honda Accord gives.

Powerfil V6 Engine. Great Milege and third row seat(My boy already reserved his permanent place on third row).Can't believe how quiet the ride is !!!

I think auto climate should be standard in all trims. Other than that Such a Great vehicle.