2004 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
My Toy
By The Toy Control on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted this vehicle since they first hit the market in 2001. Now with a 2003 I am more empressed than with the 2001. The ride is so smoothe, more like a car but I can see ahead like driving an SUV.

Love my car!!!
By Misha's mom on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I will never own anything other than Toyota!!!

Absolutely a tremendous vehicle
By bobr on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Being 66 years old, I have shopped for a few cars in my days and always looked at American made cars. I finally relented to my wife insistance and looked at a Toyota Highlander. I researched this Toyota SUV with Edmonds and a couple of others and I talked with people I knew that had Toyota's. This Toyota vehicle is so advanced and superior to any car I have ever owned, I'm can't believe I waited this many years to own one of the finest and the most dependable built SUV's on the market today. I can't find a single feature on it, or in it that isn't superior to all of the competitions.

Great Vehicle except for Tires
By New Owner 2004 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle comfortable and controls well placed. Acceleration is good, ride is excellent. Problem with the Goodyear Integrity tires a road hazard rendered one unusable, learned that Goodyear does not stock the tire since only Toyota is using it size 225/65R17. It is apparently an entry level tire according to tire shop suprised to see it on a Toyota. With 400 miles on the vehicle I have just replaced all tires with Michelin's

Satisfied Owner
By peter hoovey on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has a very solid ride. I have owned three GM Blazers in the past and have never experienced the quality built into a vehicle such as the Highlander. I did own a 1995 Geo Prism for nine years and 77000 miles and never put a dime into it, that is what brought me to buying Toyota.

Best SUV for the money 2004 model
By lovethiscar on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Rides like a car, fantastic stereo, smooth quiet ride, good power comfortable seats (front and rear), easy to use controls, good quality leather great cargo capacity

Perfect SUV
By Mhasan96 on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent ride, save for everyone with side airbags.

hilux surf
By naresh on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it handles like a beaty. bends corners like the breeze. summary........perfect!

2004 Highlander
By chrisnolga on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As a first time Toyota buyer, I was very impressed with the Highlander. It replaced a '02 Santa Fe and cost about 60% more, but was worth it. The car is still very new, but after taking it on a cross-country cruise, I am impressed by the comfortable seats and secure ride. The Highlander handles the freeway as well as windy back country roads. Didn't take it off road yet. The only real issue I have is that the moon roof control takes too much concentration to get the glass closed properly. Otherwise, it is a fantastic vehicle, with plenty of power and secure handling. Gas mileage is poor- only 20 MPG freeway.

2004 Highlander - Fun To Drive
By ssdepetris on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

For an SUV, the 2004 Toyota Highlander turned out to be an eye-opening experience. Fun to drive, comfortable, not at all like a truck. The new 3rd seat, while small, is hidden away until needed for two more kids (no adults need apply for this seat). The Highlander turns on a dime and, in fact, has a tighter turning circle than my new Maxima. In short, the amazing thing about the Highlander is that it handles like a Camry but carries people and cargo like a mid-size SUV.