Used 2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Terrible
By Steve Mack

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been a huge dissapointment.I highly suggest the 4 runner.

None.

Everything needs to be rethought.

the best
By jjjzzz

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, after a lot of shopping between this car and the buick rendezvus and the acura mdx i am sure this was my best choice

all the simple easy to use faetures on it, the leather seats, sun roof, the driving performsnce

I am tall so i have no leg room

2004 is a greatly improved
By ARFARLE

2004 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2001 Highlander Fwd 6 cylinder. Liked the car but not the engine. The 2004 is WONDERFUL! I can't believe the quality of the drive has improved so much. The handling is better and the third row seat is great. My six foot tall son sat in the third row seat and said it was comfortable. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage is not as good as my previous Highlander.

Third row seat and heater. Also love the stereo system, center console and rear heater.

The cup holders in the center console are awkward. It would help if the lid would slide down instead of sticking up on the driver's side.

Happy with the Highlander
By DaveH

2004 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were replacing our Honda Odyssey (the older version) and looking for a vehicle that handled in a similar fashion.The Highlander met all our criteria.It looks great,gets very good milage and fits all needs!

Wanted it all!
By Nicole Vargas

2004 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I promise you I feel like I got it. I had an appointment at a BMW dealership but thought that I would give myself the peace of mind of looking at EVERYTHING! I said to myself that I would only get a SUV with a third row seat or a BMW. I was feeling that the only thing out there with a fold flat was the explorer and I really did not want a Ford. I am so glad that I did not settle. I am also glad that I gave the Highlander a chance. The minute I sat in the Highlander I knew that I was going to drive away in it. I was comfortable and VERY nicely appointed. The best deal out there. Appointed better the the BMW and cheaper. What more can I ask for!!

6-disc in dash CD. Power seats. My favorite is the 3rd row seat. A must in real estate.

Exterior styling could use a boost. However it's not bad.