Used 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Overall Great With a Few Questions Marks
By Trying to Decide

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in 2007 with under 30,000 mi. Now at 95,000 mi curious if it'll start needing repairs. Until now, virtually maintenance free. Snatches a little at take off or low speeds; hope no transmission issue. Love the height and lumbar support for my aching back. It's really easy to park and handling is good. Miss the handling of my sporty Acura coupe, but love the fact I can make the long trips without constant stops to stretch my back. Sometimes wish I had AWD, but we get snow once or twice a year, so I just park up the hill on level ground. Spoiled with the cargo space-I don't want a car! Great vehicle overall, but a little overpriced purchased new. Happy I made this purchase.

Favorite Features

parking ease, interior space

Suggested Improvements

transmission - it shouldn't "snatch" or have to figure out what to do next. tire pressure gauge that identifies trouble tire

Great Highlander
By Joseph George

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander has never been returned for warranty work or factory defects, except for 2 minor recalls. My only concern is the ride is becoming a bit harsh at 34K miles

Favorite Features

Size and easy to park!

Suggested Improvements

none

Review of 04 Highander V6 LTD
By Bill Burleson

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle for fairly short times, gets uncomfortable on long (4 hrs or more) trips. I am 72 years old and this may not be a problem for a younger driver. Easy to park and maneuver, good visibility for driver.

Favorite Features

accelerates quickly, handles well, and is fun to drive.

Nice SUV!
By Toyota ONE

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Highlander fo about 3 weeks and I enjoy the ride. Look foward to see how it does in snowy weather.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great, being able to separate my childen with the third row seating is wonderful

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof never know if it is closed

Wanted it all!
By Nicole Vargas

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I promise you I feel like I got it. I had an appointment at a BMW dealership but thought that I would give myself the peace of mind of looking at EVERYTHING! I said to myself that I would only get a SUV with a third row seat or a BMW. I was feeling that the only thing out there with a fold flat was the explorer and I really did not want a Ford. I am so glad that I did not settle. I am also glad that I gave the Highlander a chance. The minute I sat in the Highlander I knew that I was going to drive away in it. I was comfortable and VERY nicely appointed. The best deal out there. Appointed better the the BMW and cheaper. What more can I ask for!!

Favorite Features

6-disc in dash CD. Power seats. My favorite is the 3rd row seat. A must in real estate.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling could use a boost. However it's not bad.