2004 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Overall Great With a Few Questions Marks
By Trying to Decide on 01/05/10 08:17 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in 2007 with under 30,000 mi. Now at 95,000 mi curious if it'll start needing repairs. Until now, virtually maintenance free. Snatches a little at take off or low speeds; hope no transmission issue. Love the height and lumbar support for my aching back. It's really easy to park and handling is good. Miss the handling of my sporty Acura coupe, but love the fact I can make the long trips without constant stops to stretch my back. Sometimes wish I had AWD, but we get snow once or twice a year, so I just park up the hill on level ground. Spoiled with the cargo space-I don't want a car! Great vehicle overall, but a little overpriced purchased new. Happy I made this purchase.

Great Highlander
By Joseph George on 08/25/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander has never been returned for warranty work or factory defects, except for 2 minor recalls. My only concern is the ride is becoming a bit harsh at 34K miles

Review of 04 Highander V6 LTD
By Bill Burleson on 08/05/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle for fairly short times, gets uncomfortable on long (4 hrs or more) trips. I am 72 years old and this may not be a problem for a younger driver. Easy to park and maneuver, good visibility for driver.

Nice SUV!
By Toyota ONE on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the Highlander fo about 3 weeks and I enjoy the ride. Look foward to see how it does in snowy weather.

Wanted it all!
By Nicole Vargas on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I promise you I feel like I got it. I had an appointment at a BMW dealership but thought that I would give myself the peace of mind of looking at EVERYTHING! I said to myself that I would only get a SUV with a third row seat or a BMW. I was feeling that the only thing out there with a fold flat was the explorer and I really did not want a Ford. I am so glad that I did not settle. I am also glad that I gave the Highlander a chance. The minute I sat in the Highlander I knew that I was going to drive away in it. I was comfortable and VERY nicely appointed. The best deal out there. Appointed better the the BMW and cheaper. What more can I ask for!!

Love My Highlander
By Ama Lyons on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Highlander drives like a car, gets fairly good gas milage. I love the easy loading and unloading of grocery, etc. I thought I wanted a SUV for my next new car. I checked out the Jeep, Chevrolet, Honda, Ford SUV's. Loved the style, ease of driving the Highlander. I added running boards, as I am short. I just love it, it is fun to drive and couldn't be more pleased.

excellent
By jum on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

the only improvement i found from earlier models was the radio an on the steering wheel were radio controls

Best Bang for the Buck
By lilwahine on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

By far the most car for the money. Handled better than the MDX or the Lexus and cost thousands less. Drives like a dream - my sister-in-law calls it "the space shuttle."

Toyota Highlander
By Jesus Prado on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The 2004 Toyota HIghlander is a well- built reliable car-like suv. It has very good gas mileage on the freeway. It is a very fun to drive car. It has room for 7 third row seat. But it is a mid-size suv so the third row seat is only compatible for children. The sound system is very poor even with JBL sound.It is a very secure well built suv and I should not be surprised because it is built by the Japanese which is the best.It has a lot of safety features and it has disk brakes on all 4 tires. The exterior and interior design is excellent.

First Time Toyota Buyer
By blb23267 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota (Japanese) vehicle I have ever owned. Very well thoughtout vehicle and just right mid size SUV. Very agile and easy to manuver. Good acceleration from stand still and highway speeds.