2003 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Thumbs Up!!

2003 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

By Tony on

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 03 Highlander about a month ago and it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned (owning brand new 00' Grand Am and 03' Silverado prior). It had about 44,000 miles on the odometer and it still drives like new. We test drove an 02 Rendezvous with only 20,000 miles and still drove off with this vehicle. It is very quiet even on the windiest days. The gas mileage is consistently reading around 18 to 20 mpg, which for a midsize is pretty impressive. We bought this because we needed a familly vehicle with my wife delivering our first born a week later, and am totaly secure driving my family around in the Highlander.

Favorite Features

Power everything on this model, I had shied away from power options in the past, figuring the more options, the things to go wrong. But I am quickly changing my mind. The thing is so quiet you can hardly tell the engine is running.

Suggested Improvements

Leg room, leg room, leg room. Don't know if Toyota has improved this on the newer models, but I traded in a regular cab truck and the leg room difference is like night and day. I honestly have a hard time digging into my hip pocket to get my wallet even before strapping on the seatbelt.