2003 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Toyotarrific
By toyotasareawesome on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this suv over a year ago and haven't had a problem with it yet. Just add gas and go - with regular maintenance of course. It's by far the best vehicle I have owned. Smooth as can be, plenty of room, and extremely reliable.

I love my Toyota
By Cecelia on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned alot of vehicles over the years as I usually upgrade every two years.I have never had a vehicle that I have enjoyed driving as much as this one. I love the way it handles especially in the snow. I live where we get an average of 120 inches of snow a year. I have had no problem with this vehicle on the snow or wet roads.

My 2003 Highlander
By Mr Highlander on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Riding in the front is great, comfortable, back seat is somewhat less. The backseat is firm and the ride is a bit stiff jarring. Handling is great. The side mirrors are a real value, big, Braking is good, but it takes time to get used to the 4 wheel disk brakes feel.

great overall crossover
By bishop05 on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, it has power to spare and spacious front and rear seating. It also handels great in deep snow and in rain

Loved My Highlander
By LoveToyotas on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the Highlander right before a big snowstorm last year and it immediately proved it's worth. Though our street went unplowed for almost a week, we were out driving every day. It handled great! We recently sold the Highlander because with another baby on the way, we decided to move into the realm of minivans and got an '04 Sienna. But we were very pleased with the resale value on the Highlander, and would have been happy to keep it if we could afford payments on two new cars.

Drives like a dream!
By Rob Gillespie on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Powerful, smooth, quiet...if you are looking for comfortable city driving, this SUV will not disappoint you! I can't comment on off-road use because I don't do that. This is not considered a "luxury" SUV like the Land Rover, but gosh, what else could you want? If you buy the Limited model you already have almost every feature you can think of. This is the best car I've ever owned! I would definitely buy another one.

vehicle owner
By ceo on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is a Joy to drive. Confort, quality, reliability and best of all a toyota badge on a Lexus. Eat yout heart out Ford, Crysler. A happy owner.

High Lander
By Leader on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Both it with 12,500 miles. Could not be more happy. Quality, interior room, drives like a car, very smooth. It is really a solid vehicle. It inspires reliability bumper to bumper. My is dark blue (navy blue) and brings sun roof & Privacy Glass giving the appearance of semi luxury and cool fresh look to fit everywhere I go.

My first SUV
By Gene B. on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We just stumbled upon the Highlander at the Cleveland car show on March 7th. We weren't looking for anything like it. It represents everything I said I'd never buy: An SUV, leather, full power. I picked it up on March 17th. I have absolutely no complaints so far. My wife, who is NOT a car person, LOVES it.

great car
By sc23 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

excellent drive and handling. one design flaw is high pithced noise the moon roof makes when open which is alleviated when the front passenger windows are slightly opened.