2003 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Highlander
By jlb3 on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our Honda CRV for a Highlander in June 2003. This car has just been wonderful. The ride is smooth, unlike that of the other SUVs we tried. It's very quiet, so quiet it's hard to know if the car is on at times. A great choice if you take long trips. Best of all our auto insurance was surprisingly low, because of all the safety features. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone considering it. I'm a commuter and everyone that rides with me comments on what a nice car it is and always asks what type is it!

Highlander - Comfort of a Cloud
By Gracedpoet on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Toyota Highlander is a Joy to drive, completely free of mechanical problems, and most importantly very comfortable, especially for those of us with bad backs.

Good experience with 1st SUV
By Gore on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I do have no complains over this 2003 Highlander. It has a smooth ride live a sedan with a feeling of security.

Perfect SUV
By uwp74 on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely incredible in the snow - better than my 4WD truck. So solid, so well built. A real marvel of workmanship.

Excellent Choice
By AnonymousGA on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been an awesome car. It has not gone in the shop once since I have had it. It is extremely comfortable and the back seat area is very spacious. It drives like a dream. It gets great gas mileage for being an SUV.

MY Highlander
By Steve MY on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Before I bought this vehicle, I had never owned an SUV AND I was a lifelong Chevy man. When the boss (my wife) decided it was time for me to buy a SUV, I decided to test drive EVERYTHING in the price range we were looking for ($20,000-$30,000). Ikept leaning towards the Trail Blazer (or the Explorer, Grand Cherokee, etc). However, over a period of several months, I had to admit to myself that the Highlander was (in my opinion) consistently 1st or 2nd in every category I could think of. As a result I now find myself driving everywhere. Try it....you'll like it!

Still love this car
By ontrack on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After almost a year of driving my Highlander, I still love it. After driving vans for many years I wanted a smaller vehicle but just couldn't get comfortable in a regular sedan. The Highlander is perfect for me. It drives like a car but functions like a small van. The gas mileage is great. I will keep it for a long, long time.

An excellent, well rounded player
By LTJ on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You will definetley feel like you are riding in a car or lets say a Camry. There are good space accomodations and I like the hidden bins in the cargo area. The V6 engine is excellent although could use more power but take off is excellent. Provides peppy, and fun power which makes you want to rev it high. The ride is excellent and comfortable. Radio sounds excellent.

'03 Highlander
By Palmer2345356 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Highlander is okay. Seats feel kind of hard, and sometimes you can hear the engine. Drive is comfortable though, and, it is a Toyota so you know your gas mileage is up there. I would have rather gotten a Jeep Grand Cherokee, or a Chevrolet Tahoe, but this was the way that the majority of the family wanted to go.

Toyotarrific
By toyotasareawesome on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Highlander SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this suv over a year ago and haven't had a problem with it yet. Just add gas and go - with regular maintenance of course. It's by far the best vehicle I have owned. Smooth as can be, plenty of room, and extremely reliable.